Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hertzkrieg

We got to bed Friday afternoon around 4pm and we got up around 1am Saturday morning and went back to sleep again around 4am Saturday and got up around 10am and got ready to go and left around 11am. We had to really battle the weather with blowing snow and pretty bad winds. We made it to Vermilion and stopped at the Civ to shop for a bit then went to the event. We started unpacking the van and got settled inside. and set up next to the girls. It was great to see Rita she came down with Medb from Sioux Falls. They were knitting socks so I was pretty happy to see what everyone was working on. Katriona was there which was a great surprise! I have not gotten to see her for a year or so. so we had a bit to catch up on.
The Nelson girls were there and Tara brought Ava. She is getting so big! She is absolutely adorable. Seeing her run around and play was fun! I got to get caught up on what the girls were doing since I had not seen them for quite a bit too. This is getting to be a bit of a theme with the new job and no time off. Anne was pretty busy running around doing her duties. But we have talked lately so that was not soo bad. Curly Tom was there with Jen and the new baby. He is quite cute!
I got to work on John's sock and do a little work on a scarf I am making for a friend. I got to play with my lucet and discovered my thread was too small and I am not fond of my lucet. You know the one I bought a long time ago and finally decided to do something with it. It has a handle and I think I would like one without a handle. I did not get a chance to get out any of my baked goods. So the scones and chocolate chip cookies went right back out into the cold van so I will have to take them to work.
I got to wear my totally cool new green Viking garb. I forgot the camera at home and did not think to take photos with the camera phone so I have none. I will see a lot of the people at WW this year because we can go so that will be nice. I will have to try to remember to take photos then. I got out my new brooches from Raymond's Quiet Press. http://www.quietpress.com/
I was pretty happy with them. They looked cool. I found out about them after I got some for Anne at Fettered Cock Pewters. They have some great stuff too. They even have Viking ear cleaners. Nice! http://www.fetteredcockpewters.com/
John talked to Beowulf about balloon animals since Beowulf is just learning from a book. Bill and John got to talk a bit about his new stuff he was making. John made a dog behind his back so that was pretty neat. John does balloon animals and have done them for quite some time back in Indiana. He enjoys playing around with balloons. He does not get as much of a chance as he would like to mess around with them. Besides that, he got to hear about knitting, spinning and weaving since he was sitting around the girls.
Court was fun since we had not seen them in action before. It was very neat. It also helped that it was pretty much just family and they could relax and let their hair down as it were. Sven was a great herald!! He also won the fighting for the day. Feast was great as usual. We had rabbit and several other removes. We had a great song by Sven! we had to get the van warmed up pack and say good bye for our long drive home. It was not as windy as coming down, but it was still not very fun.
We pretty much crashed as soon as we walked in the door. We got up at 5am and watched some TV and bummed around until church. We got there a little late so we ran around town until the third service. So we got to sit with mom. That was pretty cool. I am now getting ready for bed so I can go to work tonight and Monday night then I have 2 days off. Nice!!!!!

No comments: