Friday, March 28, 2008

Wed night

Wed-
Well I got up early to shower and get ready for a pedicure. I did not get up early enough to go to Stitch N Bitch at Black Sheep Coffee but I did get up early enough to get cash, a money order and get it in the mail for John. I went over to Oscars a local coffee shop right down my street and got a large mocha, caramel coffee and DJ a chai with whipped cream. I went next door to where we go for pedicures because they are only $20. Not bad for what you get and still as cheap as Stewarts Beauty College. The water was pink and nice and warm. I really couldn’t remember the last time I went there. It was luxurious! DJ came next with Grace and she did pretty good considering. Mom came last and slipped into her water when I was on my massage. I picked out a simple design to go on my big toe along with my “I am not really a waitress” Red. I got done and sat with my toes under a wonderful drying light that they had no previously offered us and watched Grace tear around the place. I had a great time and it was not as relaxing as I would have liked but it was nice.

After we all finished, we went off to Johnny Carino’s. They had a 15 min wait and the munchkin was hungry and fussy so we ditched them and went across the street to Cracker Barrel. The waitress was a “Rising Star” and it showed. The food took way longer than it has ever taken before and we are talking around 7pm at night. Luckily Grace could get some Mac N Cheese so she was much happier. We all gave her a bit of stuff off our plates and she was happy for the most part. Poor mom had only a little time to eat before Grace was ready to go home. When we walked out with all the stuff to her car it was sleeting. NICE!!!!! I got home and it was all out snowing and accumulating nasty. I didn’t even want to go anywhere else even though it was only 8:20 and could have gone just about anywhere. I just wasn’t in the mood for it.

So I went home and tried to do On Demand on our cable channels, I had called earlier and they said there were aware of the problem and a fix should be in soon. The problem is you can’t order any. I only have 1 day off by myself and I can watch whatever I want on TV so it is kind of a big night for me. This really sucked so I got out my Firefly DVD and watched 1, 2, & 4 while messing around on the computer and doing laundry before going upstairs. I unloaded and partially re-loaded the dishwasher before having enough and going up to rewind my CSI on the VCR. I was looking around my sitting room and looked at my spinning wheel. I went thru all the CSI and there was not a new one in the bunch. I went thru my DVD’s and found Spaced with Simon Pegg. I really like him and I find I like him even more and the Fall of the House of Usher with Vincent Price. I watched the Vincent Price one first since I had watched a little bit on TV before John came home and didn’t want to watch it. I told him I had never seen it and he put it on a DVD for me. YAY!!! It was pretty good; John said it was kind of close to the book. While watching I got out my spinning wheel and played around with it. I finally figured out the bobbin was not turning at all. It was a wooden one and it fit snug to the spindle. I grabbed my metal middle bobbin and that fit just fine with no problems. I think I will have to oil it at some point maybe. I am getting better at setting my tension to go with how fast I am spinning. I also found a comfortable good working spot for my foot to sit on the treadle. I just kept moving it around until I landed on a spot that worked and my wheel didn’t just stop dead and I was comfortable. WOOT!!!! I still had some mishaps but nothing too bad. I filled 2 bobbins and emptied them separately onto my trash can that is bit on top the gets smaller at the bottom. I plan on letting it sit for a bit then think about plying it. I have never plied before and will probably need a little guidance, but that will be another Wed night activity. I have quite a few Spaced left. I put the DVD in the top DVD player and it said region not recognized to I popped it into the bottom one and that one had no problem with it. I totally forgot which one John said was “region free”. All in all it was a nice relaxing evening and I got a few things on my list done but defiantly not all of it, not even close.

No comments: