My friend at work Wes was on his way to work and his motorcycle stalled, it fell on top of his right ankle. His left knee is his bad knee so crutches will not be fun. He goes to see the specialist hopefully 7/23 to see what surgery he will need to have. I am not sure when he will be back to work. I was supposed to work 2am-6am 7/23. I went to bed early so John and I could spend some time together. 5 hours later I am up and we are talking when I see I have a message. Well we talked about it and he said he was ok with me going to work if that is what I wanted. Well with the tree trimming (which looks great!!), other yard stuff and the van air conditioning I figured as much OT as I can get is what I need to try and cover. So we go to KFC our one “bad” meal for the week and I called my boss Deanna. I let her know that I have not gotten a lot of sleep but I will be in @ 1800 to work until 0600-23. I wanted to make sure the shift was covered and she has her kids with her so I figured I may as well take the full 12 hours of OT so she would not have to stay the night and work the desk. Wed my other night off I will be working 8 hours of OT and next Tues 7/29 I will be working another 8 hours of OT on my day off. Funny but 7/31 I was bumped off the whole night so will be my first day off since 7/17. I am not sure what other OT I might get forced to, but I am hoping this takes care of it and I don’t have to do any extra until next month when it starts all over again.
I am trying to keep my lawn watered and the recent rain has helped with that. I just have a few spots that need a little extra help. The Zucchini is doing great and the cherry tomatoes look like they are coming along as well. I can’t wait for Zucchini baked with chicken breasts. YUM!!!!! When we cook the zucchini we usually just use garlic salt and bake. It really turns out yummy! I only gained a pound from vacation so we are right back on track again. I have been trying to work out more but find I need to stretch more. The middle of my back is killing me and I think it is because I didn’t stretch it out.
The kitties are doing great. George had a hairball this morning so that sucked but otherwise they are fat and sassy as usual. I am still trying to get some the van unpacked from our vacation but that is slow going with all the OT. Mom bought a new car a Honda. That was a surprise; it looks great and will be a fun car for her. I think she will like the way Honda takes care of their cars. John has had his forever, over 100,000 and it is still running strong.
John is playing with a stronger handle for our new leather mugs. It is a process and he wants to get the right fit. He is also trying to figure out new knife sheaths. He wants to take the money from WW and order new leather. I hope to get some red, white and green dyed like we had before in latigo. We have not had colored latigo like that on the table since we were still going to Lilies in MO. It was so long ago, Sam was out first “model” to make sure the leather from the company did not bleed. They were new and John did not want to put a belt on the table that had that problem since we sell a lot of belts and to have someone make nice garb and wear a belt of our that bleeds black or other colors would not be acceptable to us. Sam came over and asked since he was a knight now and had squires when we would be getting more so we have to go thru the process to make him happy of course. It is nice to know people like it. John made a few larger pouches to take care of that market. He is also making some silverware mess kits. The one he made that was in black leather sold right away at WW so we have 2 brown ones left. He is going to make for sure another set or more. Black does seem to be the popular color recently. John made a special sheath for our friend Jason of Petra or at least that was what it was back in the day. He and I ran around when we first started in the SCA. John has a surprise to send him and his wife; I think they will like it. He is trying to get Bunney to email him about a care package to Colorado of some of his new stuff he is playing with. Bunney was one of the first people here that John taught to do some leather stuff. They used to fight together too at WW. Yes it was that long ago. I had stopped fighting but John still wanted to. We were just starting to merchant. He has one of John’s early pouches that is a teal color and it is still holding up. I can’t wait to see what he says about John’s new creations!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment