Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Schedule!!

New Schedule!!!
Starting 9/8 I will have Monday and Tuesday off. I will still be on 2200-0600, but no longer will I have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Just to let everyone know ahead of time. John and I will be able to go and do stuff with folks again instead of just me. That will be nice.

Rick Springfield ROCKED!!!! I really enjoyed his new CD and he sang a few songs from it and tons of oldies. He really looked good and 8/24 he turned 59. We are all getting older. We had to stand from the time he came out until he left. I had so many drunk 40+ people in front of us around us. The whole place was screaming. It was something. They were selling 6 packs of beer so that did not help anyone. It was very interesting going to a secular concert after so many years. DJ said I just wanted everyone to sit down and shut up so we could hear him sing. I guess she was right that is exactly what I wanted even if I didn’t know it then. After the concert we went off to Marlin’s. It was a bit late and I just wanted food so that is where we went it is 24 hours. I ordered a steak and she ordered shrimp. We sat and sat. I had to ask a waiter who had our table he said he did so I asked for a drink refill. Time went by and no salad and I had to flag him for another refill. He asked us if we had gotten our food yet. We said no of course by this time it was ½ hour later. He and the manager came by and said he was sorry he did not put in our order. So we waited for 40 min for nothing. I took DJ’s lead and we were very nice and civil. I on the other hand only kept a cool head because DJ wasn’t upset by it at all. If at any time she became agitated I would have gotten a manager long before that. She just kept saying keep calm stay cool it is no big deal. They gave us our meal free and I did not want to wait around for another ½ hour for a steak so I changed it to a burger. The manager said she would go in the kitchen herself to make sure it was done correctly and fast. When we finished out meal we both ordered pie to go.

No comments: