Well, Little Bear is settled in and doing well. He is not happy about having to be alone in the bedroom, but oh well. The other cats would play to rough with him or vise versa and of course he can’t go in the normal litter boxes. The vet said to keep him quiet so he sleeps with us and we go in the room to gently play and cuddle for a bit. No cat nip for 7 days. I figure Monday we can let him start socializing again and go into the normal litter. Right now he is using yesterday’s news-hard rabbit food like litter. He got some stuck in his paws poor little monkey!! Otherwise it does not seem like he blames us for his predicament thankfully. Although, we are totally to blame. I feel bad but DH reminded me about how much he clawed us. I got hit by the eye and he got it on the chest. I still feel bad but that just means extra cuddles and treats. I don’t think the vet fed him or he didn’t feel like eating. He got home and pigged out! I made sure he had 2 water bowls and plenty of food. I had to put him in the litter box for the first time and he figured it out from there. He was not used to the hard litter. Since he has come home, he has had some really stinky poo! I mean yikes!! The hard litter makes it impossible to cover up and DH and I are trying to sleep. WOW to get woke up by that is something!
I had to wait to finish up the laundry. DH was not feeling well and slept for awhile then was up for a few hours then tired and wanting to sleep again. So I just let him do whatever and stripped the bed except the bottom sheet, I left that on for LB. I will strip it off this morning when I have time to make the bed. I still have another load to do but that can wait until I get home this morning. I have to go to Menards and get gift certificates for the family. I need some cash for Hy-Vee cards for another family member at church on Sunday so the Sunday school can get a little cut. I need to go to Wal-mart to pick up some food and a secret Santa gift, they also get lottery tickets. I need to order checks and Day Timer replacements for my planner online, pay for our SCA memberships, and find a toy for Grace. I think for the Garbage men I will do what my DH said a guy at his work does, get a 6 pack of Coke and Doritos. I think they would like that. I just need to make sure to put it out Friday morning so they can enjoy it.
At some point Mom’s camera fell off the table downstairs and I thought it was on the floor. Well DH and I were talking about it and I went to actually look for it. I couldn’t find it and thought it may have fallen into the recycle bin. I went outside to look and sure enough it was in the bin to be picked up Friday. YIKES!! I almost lost the camera I worked so hard to get at such a great deal. I think everything will power up and be fine. If not DH and I have already got a bunch of stuff for it and replacing the battery wouldn’t be anything at all. I just can’t believe I put it outside!! At least we did think to look for it. I really need to clean off the table downstairs and get rid off all the excess. Hopefully before the MIL gets here so she has extra space.
I found a fairly simple hat pattern that is on a circular needle. I can’t get enough of it on both ends to I can get the stitches off one needle onto the other needle. I am finding that to be a bit of a challenge, but that is what learning new projects is all about. I want it to be easy and it is not. It is a K2 P2 for 3 inches to start and I have not had to pearl in awhile so that makes DH laugh as I balance the needles and pull on the yarn to get it off the left on onto the right one. I can’t knit for very long because it really makes my hands hurt. I may try to get DPN size 9 and go that way. Of course I will need another pattern for DPN since this one is for circular, so that will be another hurdle. It seems like it would be easier to send the skein instead of trying to do all the extra work. I do not need to have it finished until the end of January, so that makes the crunch of it a little better. I need to remember looser stitches for the circular needles and relax. I am really struggling with this; it is my first circular knitted together project. I was making a baby sweater that is still UFO but it was straight knitting, which was enjoyable. This knitting in the round on circulars is very different and I just need to wrap my head around how I want to do it and I am sure I will be just fine. It is the end result that is the most fun; the struggle is part of how you get there. I am sure after I have made a few hats, socks, etc… I will be pretty quick and good at making them, it is the new pattern, the new project that has never been done before that gives me the thrill of can I do this. We will just have to wait and see on the hat for now.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment