Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bento post #2 the last one so far.

This is a better copy of the bread to the left and salami to the right. I loved eating this with spinach and mayo, it was soo cute! I need a better container with a lid for my mayo and mustard. :-) The 2 small containers have celery, avocado and the other has carrots. I put a few pieces of avocado on the sandwich and I ate it.



This is what I will be eating tonight. An apple cut up in a cup, sliced chicken in a cup. To the left a baggie with crackers and a baggie with golden raisins they will go in with the apple and chicken.
In the smaller containers, one is avacado and the other is carrotts and the rest of the goat cheese.

This was last night. Celery standing upright, goldfish crackers in 2 paper muffin cups, a cup with ketchup and a cup with tofu hotdogs (did not like very much!) I still have the rest of the package, so I will be eating them.. The small cups to the right 2 were black grapes they sat on top of the ketchup and hot dogs. The 1 small container had carrots and the other had spinach leaves with sprouts, I had the left over asian dressing I dripped on the spinach with sprouts and meat in the middle. The plastic baggie had leftover steak in it. The goldfish crackers were a little stale so the ones for tonight I put in a plastic baggie instead of muffin cups. I loved the muffin cups, but I make this in the morning and it sits in my frigde until around 9pm when I get ready for work then I take it to work at eat around midnight or 1am.


Here is another shot of it.



I have really enjoyed taking the time to make my bentos. I bought a bento wrap, but it is too small for my bit container. I don't want to cut what I take since it is pretty healthy. I have been carrying the 2 smaller containers on their own. I am still trying to figure out what works for me. I want to make sure I have enough carbs for when I work out after work in the mornings. I found before I would eat big then work out and feel drained. I now eat a little here and there grazing thru the veggies all night and feel full and work out feeling just fine. I am not starving when I get done and feel I have to eat everything in the house. :-) This is a process and I am trying something different to keep my interest level high. I think preparing the meal is the best, since I have to shop and pack for a small space. I love it!!!










No comments: