London Day 1
England day 1
We were supposed to leave Sioux Falls, SD at 2:45, we got on the plane around 4pm then had to wait forever for the storm clouds to go by. We actually took off and arrived at Chicago around 6pm then we had our flight that left to England at 6:19, so we had to totally book it to our catch our flight. We got to the gate just in time and got loaded on only to find out we had to sit and wait on the flight for more chicago weather. We finally took off at 8pm. We got food and some drink finished watching a movie then tried to fall asleep. I had a sleeping pill, so did Mm. She slept quite nicely and I was woke up by babies, kids, someone dropping something, not being comfortable was the biggie! We woke up had a bit of breakfast then thru customs our first passport stamp and meeting the travel agent.
It went pretty smoothly once we left Chicago. One time during the night I woke up and my tummy was really upset. I really thought I was going to be sick but thankfully, I recovered and fell back asleep. Got to the hotel and checked into our room. Cute nice bath. We opted for the Crown Jewels, Tower of London tour. Mom paid and we put our bags in the room and off we went on a tour bus. It was very nice and we saw a lot. Towards the end I told Mom we need to just sit and relax and people watch. Mom noticed out tour director Jason. We flagged him down and he sat with us talking about the river front buildings and what they were. It was very nice and there were tons of accents from many many countries. It was very nice to hear. We got back on the bus and went thru London. We saw Diagon Alley from HArry Potter and many other buildings. We got back to our motel and found a Pub just down the street called Bree Louis and had fish and chips with peas. Very Yummy!!! I had a Ginger Beer and Mom had Coke. It was different.
Our luggage got here all ok, so did we, We have not had a lot of sleep and have to be up and bags out side by 6:30AM. I am glad we have the battery charger THANKS DH!!!! I used up pretty much the whole battery just on the London tour part and took over 100 photos. We both had plenty of time to listen to our MP3 players. We both wore out jackets since it was a little chilly every now and again. It is around 6:30 pm London. It costs extra to do internet so this will have to wait to get posted and no, I don't have time to paragraph this is all on the fly.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment