Sunday, November 25, 2007

I Survived Black Friday

I worked 12 hours Friday night into Sat morning. Yuck!!! I did get to stop at the CO-OP and get some yogurt and munchies!! YAY!!! I have to come in Sunday night @ 1800-0600 YUCK!!! Then I will be done with OT for this month. Hopefully in Dec my friend will be back from her illness and we can get back to normal. I miss talking to her! We have a new girl training and she should be ready to go by the end of December hopefully. She would pick up most of the OT as her regular shift.

Thanksgiving was a great morning at Mom’s we had waffles and ham with eggs. Tasty!!! Thanks Mom!!!! It was nice to get together and plan what we would be able to do for Christmas. My uncle came up later in the afternoon for Lutefisk and Lefse with mom. She made the potatoes and chilled them for the Lefse. I would have loved a fresh one hot off the griddle with cinnamon sugar and butter. YUM!!!! Lutefisk on the other hand I am glad I was not in the house for that! She microwaves it so the smell is a little better. Still…the texture is what I have the most problem with.

After my pampering day last week I am not sure how to act! I want to have another massage Wed, but that may be too much too soon. It is nice that she is an option. I get paid Monday so I will have to get some gift cards bought and stashed away for the holidays. I kind of have my list made out on who will get what and gift cards are the thing to give for us this year. John gets graphic novels off EBay since I do not know what to buy him. I have a long list of wants—a shed, a WII, a fixed garage door, a push mower, new shingles, and the house painted nothing cheap. That is the story of my life J

I will have to get busy and finish up my Christmas cards. I filled out 3 boxes worth and have 1 left if not 1 and ½. I will probably need to get more stamps. It was nice to get most of them finished. I will not mail them until December though. I had to really think about it but November is just too early to mail out Christmas stuff. The radio has been playing Christmas music starting Thanksgiving night after midnight. Can you believe it!!! Way too early!!!

I want to start on a pair of socks and actually get thru both sets. That is one of my goals. I also need to take more time to spin! Ravelry is pretty nice. I finally got on the list and they sent me my invite. That takes up a bit of time. I will need to photograph some yarn and get it posted. I will also have to go thru FLIKR which will be a pain and maybe Wednesday I will have time. I did not get much stuff done last week since I had to work. Of course this Wed I will have to get everything caught up. John wants to go to Yuletide in Sioux Falls 12/15 @ Glenview. I may have to try to stop by and see Anne for a spell. We won’t be staying long since I will have to work, but maybe a nap then pop over for a few hours then back home to sleep for work. I have missed spending time with her and this will be a good chance to catch up. How exciting!! I have gotten many compliments on my purple and green hat I got for my birthday last year. Thanks Anne!!! I love it!! It is very comfortable as well as fashionable!

I went to World Market for after Thanksgiving shopping for a free candy bar and a chance to win a trip or prizes. I started doing this last year and it is now a tradition. I only had to stand outside in the cold for 20 minutes. I got a super dark chocolate bar with no prize. I left right after I got in to beat the crowd to get home. John and I went there earlier in the week so there was nothing else I wanted to get.

Well that's it for now

No comments: