I have all my Christmas cards ready to go. I stopped and got some more Christmas stamps at Lewis. I went online and got the last of the addresses and made out the cards and I will put them in the mail Monday 12/3. YAY!!!!!
One huge thing done!!! I need to finish a few of the home made cards I started a few years ago. Only a few folks will get cards that year. This year I sent them out to everyone again. Why—I think everyone I know should get a little note from me for the holidays. I know some people don't get cards and it is important to me for people to know I am thinking of them and say hi. The holidays are pretty lonely for some people.
I am coming up on the anniversary of the death of my Grandma. I knew we were getting close because I stopped singing Christmas carols. That was the last thing we did as a family @ church. It makes me sad sometimes to sing them so I don't. "In the garden" is another one that gets me. We sing it every once in awhile at church. It makes me think of her and that makes me sad. I like crocheting baby blankets because it is a connection with her. Knitting is a whole different thing. I have not knitted in too long. I will have to look at photos to get the hang of it again.
There is a bit of OT this month at work. Hopefully I will not get stuck with too much of it. The main thing is to make sure I have enough so I don't get forced to work 12/25. Right now it is my day off and if I am the person with the least amount of OT I will be forced to work it. I do not want that!!! It would be typical though that it would work out that way.
I stopped and got groceries quick today while it was snowing. I got home and scooped out a pathway on the drive and the sidewalks the snow was very light and fluffy not heavy and easy to scoop. Of course it was sleeting while I was scooping. We went to bed around 11am and got up @ 0800pm. I grabbed a shovel and started on the deck and sidewalk. The snow was not very deep but was a crust on top and then soft stuff underneath. It was very heavy and wet. John got the snow blower out and put gas in it. He had a real rough time getting it started. Finally it went and he got behind the van and started on the sidewalk. I got to finish the sidewalk and behind the van. It was pretty fun. Of course I left the driveway with all the snow plowed chunky icy snow to him. I like to play with the snow blower not actually do work with it. J
By the time I was done getting ready for work he was waiting for me to move the van so he could blow out the rest of the drive. How sweet!!! I am hoping to take his car tonight so I can park it inside so it has a chance to thaw a bit. At work we have a heated underground parking area and the van is too big for me to maneuver around down there.
When I went to World Market I got some fabulous tea that is PG brand. I am a Lipton girl but still like different stuff so I thought why not try it. That is usually how World Market goes. "Did you want to try this?" John says "what is it?" "I don't know some cracker from Egypt." "Sure, let's try it." Well I made the tea with milk and WOW it is pretty tasty. It has a lot of flavor. With lemon it is not as good as Lipton, but still not too bad with milk is the best. I have looked for the big chocolate bars and did not see them this year. I got a few corn flake chocolate bars they are really yummy!!!
I hope this morning is relaxing and quiet. I am planning on going off to church but who knows what the weather will do between now and then. We are sponsoring 30 soldiers for Christmas and I talked to my friend at work about it and he knew a girl that worked for a beef jerky place. Well one of the things on the list was beef jerky. He talked to her and she sent me 7 different flavors per soldier in packages that were designed for them to put in their pants. It was delivered to my house and I dropped it off at church for free! WOW!!! It is very nice what companies to for the war effort. I was glad to be able to help them out a little. I have a few little things at the house I can't forget to take since today is the cut off for bringing stuff. I am not sure what else it needed. I have to remember to get some gloves and hats for the mitten tree we usually have.
Well that is enough for now
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment