Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thanks Megs!!

Thanks Megs!! Let me back up, I used to be a "thrower" when it came to knitting. Yes I said used to be. I was not happy with this method, but did not know what to do about it. I had not knitted in quite awhile and had to relearn it basically when attempting a sock again. Well Ruth was right I should possibly re-do it since it didn't really look like what I or the pattern wanted. I was at work alone on Christmas Eve since it was not a busy night and after getting all my work crap done I had some time to mess around with my sock. I finally frogged it then had to figure out how to cast on. I was not really focusing since this was my 3rd 12 hour shift in a row with 8 and 12 hours off in between them. Yeah not really sleeping very well at the time. I figured it out and cast on again and distributed amongst the 4 needles. I did a few rows and remembered how to knit and purl but thought about my method. I was sitting next to Megs at PA night last month and she was knitting and she does not throw. I thought this was a more efficient way of knitting, so I started messing around with how to keep tension and where to have the string to catch it on the needle. I think I found a good way but I will need to watch some other knitters closely to see if there may be a better way that I had not thought of. That is my new quest.

So after 3 hours of messing around I re knitted the part I had frogged and a little more. It was faster going and I was happier with the results. I showed Mom and John and they both said yeah that looks like a sock. My next fun is a toe up sock with Ruth. She is teaching a class and I may be able to get to learn how to do it. Thanks Megs and Ruth!!!

Christmas Eve was spent at work and got a lot of catch up work done since there was so much weather lately I had not had time to do some of the little things that I normally do. so that was nice. But that only goes so far. Then I was tired and alone except for 2 other guys on my floor. So I had Christmas songs on the radio and no one really to talk to. I am glad I took something to do just in case. Christmas Day I got home and slept until we got up to go to Mom's. There was snow so I was shoveling a bit before we left but it was still snowing. We took over crab legs and had a great time. We drove in town since it was slippery. There were way to many people out and about. We were coming from family and I was curious where they were all coming from. I was not so sure they were all at families for the holiday since it was 8:30pm. But maybe.

I have to go in tonight for more OT that I did not volunteer for. But that is at 2am-6am. That is not so bad. I will be very busy and not have time for anything but work. Mom in law comes out 12/31 at around 2pm so I have to get going and get stuff finished up before she gets here. I still have to get mail. I wonder what is out there? I did get a 2 loads of laundry done and in the dryer. I did dishes yesterday and need to put them away and start another load. So that is out of the way at least. I will have to work for some of the time she is here but I do have 12/30 off. It is the last personal day and I had to use it before the end of the year or lose it. YAY!!!!! I actually don't have to work Sunday! I have missed 3 Sundays of church with OT so I will love to go back to that. Maybe Mike will come down for a Sunday of fun. Maybe a movie and going out to eat with all three of us that will be a first in a long time since I work every weekend.

My crown is still the same not fixed. It doesn't hurt though so that is the main thing. I left a message for my dentist since they are not open yet. So hopefully I can get it to get it reglued on my tooth.

Well that is enough for now.

No comments: