Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mom's Visit

Well, Mom has come and gone. It was wonderful having her stay for a few days!! We had crab legs one night (thanks John). These were a few bags left over from Christmas Day. We saw the falls in the winter this time. Last time was summer and beastly hot. Most of it was frozen over but, you could still see water flowing. It was nice. We stopped at a yarn shop downtown at 8th and railroad station. I had never been into it before and picked up some delightful blue variegated sock yarn. They had some cool books. It was the kind of yarn shop I would run. The lady running it had no idea about complicated knitting but knew who had made one and would call them to help her out. That would be me. I have no idea let me see if I can find someone else who can help. We went out to eat here and there. John and Mom went to Walk Hard which was ok at best per John. I am glad we didn't see it. I will wait for HBO. We had some knitting time together which is very nice! I got a little further on my sock YAY!!! She is a thrower from way back and knits quite fast. She took her knitting on the plane and was working on a dishcloth. That is her standard. She sells them at the church fairs etc. We have several she has made and they really hold up. I have the pattern on a card she sent on the fridge. I should post it at some point. I did have a bowl of fresh fruit on the table for everyone. Tonight I dumped the bowl into a bag and took it to work. I have been munching away at it all night so far. John made biscuits and gravy for breakfast Saturday morning after work. They were fabulous!!! Of course when we both start Nutri System this month, there will be no more of that. I have to get the bad food out of the house or we need to eat it up so we can start fresh.
I have an appointment at Tryon Gym for Wed @ 9am. I will need to fill out a membership form and get them paid so I can start working out. John's mom got us a microwave for downstairs so we can make our meals there and eat them instead of me running upstairs for everything. That will be kind of nice. We are trying to eat healthier and less. That is our goal for the new year. We will see how long it lasts. Nutri System is a new thing and I have no idea what the cost will be. I shudder. But we are trying it and that is the main thing. I know if I walk on the treadmill I will drop quite a bit of weight. I just have to make sure I get there and go walking. I would like to be down a few dress sizes by the Renn Faire so I can fit into some of the costumes I have. By WW some of my old garb had better fit or maybe be too big. I would hope. That is in July, the Renn Faire is in June. Hertzkreig is in Feb and I will probably have nothing to wear or else John could make me a new dress. He needs a few new shirts too. We will see. I got some nice linen dresses from Gift of Garb and have no idea where they are. I think the laundry room. I have found more garb there. Maybe I should put out the fairy stuff and ask out loud for it. Rolan seems to think that will help the Fairies give me back my stuff. It is worth a try.
I have Monday off work so John and I can spend some time together since I have been working so much and his Mom was here so we didn't have much alone time. I need to get some laundry done! I want to re organize a few more things before I get back to work again. Maybe I will have to get to the masseuse on Wed. I will have to call Mon and see what I can get done. I have to work OT this week Sunday 1/6 and next week 1/13 from 1800-0600. I may get forced to 1/11 staying over until 10am. I hope not but I see it happening unfortunately. I have no idea when our girl will be trained enough to actually take over OT. It will be nice to have normal days off and not having to scramble at the last minute to cover stuff. Oh well.
That is enough for now

No comments: