All right so I got all my laundry done! YES!!! I made 2 different kinds of scones. I am not sure how I like them but I did make the attempt. I got 1 dishwasher load done and will need to do 1 more. I went to PA night for just a bit because I forgot it was Ash Wednesday. So I showed up paid for my cool Celtic knitting bag from Ruth at
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5010947
She makes great bags and mine was custom with pockets inside and out. Awesome!!! I also gave her some cash for Val day and I still need to email instructions just to make sure I get what I want. If she doesn't have it, I will have to custom order it and pay shipping which I am fine with as long as I get the Sideless Surcoat I wanted. I talked for a bit with Ruth and Helen then I was off to church. Mom was working in the kitchen and I totally forgot when she does that she is in there all night. The sermon was almost over when she was able to finish and get into the church. I had moved up to sit with my aunt and uncle since people were still coming in and she was not there. I am glad I did, it was great sitting with them for church again. Going to the early service is kind of lonely.
I got an Anglo Saxon head rail from this site.
http://www.historicenterprises.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=577&c=152
I paid a bit for it thinking instructions would be included.... well the answer is no. When I emailed they said to look at the photo and try to make it look like that. How on earth am I supposed to do that?!?!?!?!? If I knew how I would and it would look just as cute! I don't have the faintest!
I was checking on the internet yet again for some photo or instruction that may help a bit and found a website that said Viking age women if covering their hair would take the long piece of fabric and wrap it around their head kind of like a kerchief and tie a knot in the back on one end leaving the rest of the fabric to hang down their back. OK.... I tried that and it looked a bit better but still not like the photo. I have a coif I can wear and I can tell you right now it did not cost that much! I was thinking of sending it back for credit on one of their dresses. They are quite nice!!! So I am not so upset that I won't order from them again. I guess I just expected more than what they can offer. I hope to be able to take it to some event and someone out there can show me how to wrap a proper Headrail! I am also still trying to figure it out. I may have to see if the big guy can look at it and figure it out. I really didn't want him to know how much I spent on it and did not get proper instructions... so that may be out. I kind of wanted to wear it for the Renn faire, it would really look cool with my blue Sideless Surcoat I have. It would also keep the sun off my head. OK OK enough of my bitching about it. I was just disappointed is all.
I also need to know what to do with pewter mugs. I got them and want to clean them so we can use it. I don't think I am supposed to put them in the dishwasher so what then?? Someone at some point said to cure it with beer and never use soap. Is that true or is that cast iron??? I bought 2 really big mugs from the Mongolian Traders one year at WW and I will be damned it I know where they both are. The one that was mine disappeared right after that WW and John's it somewhere. I do not know where. I really love them but is has just had boiling water poured into it to clean it because it has always been ours and new before that. I don't know about these mugs. Can anyone help???
I did work on my baby sock and am binding it off now. I may put photos up on the Blogspot version of this, or maybe Ravelry or maybe MySpace. I have some super photos of my wheel on Ravelry and photos of Johns stuff he has made me minus the knife sheath. I may put some photos up after Anne sees it. But I do not want to ruin the surprise. I want to see your reaction on how cool it really is! But I know I won't see many of you until WW or not even then so I may be convinced to post something.
Well that was my big night. I have to work Thursday night then I am done until Sunday night!!! YAY!!!! I am going to need to pinch myself!!! I of course will have some work to do on Sunday but it won't be all that bad I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment