Computers and work! The last few nights @ 0200am my computer decided no matter what I was doing to just shut down completely. A few times I was right in the middle of doing something and it really sucked because nothing had been saved. My keyboard both times froze up and was no good. I had to go into IT steal a keyboard and email them to let them know a fan possibly is not working and I stole a keyboard. Today I came in and they came over and looked at the computer and did not take the keyboard back so that was cool!!! So far tonight it has not shut down!! YAY!!!! Tonight is not as stressful as the last few nights and with the computer issue that did not help!
Today is my Friday, I have Tues and Wed off then work Thurs and have Fri and Sat off going back to work Sunday night. YAY!!!! I get to snow blow today sometime. John usually does the finer stuff and I get to do the it doesn’t matter how it gets done part. Our neighbor has been great about going down our sidewalk and blowing it off. Super nice!!! I made chocolate chunk cookies for him. Well I bought a box of frozen cookies from someone at work who had a kid that was selling stuff for school. I had never gotten these before and WOW are they good!!! I have had 2 out of 4 dozen. They are very yummy!! I am handing out 3 dozen to neighbors and 1 dozen for John and me. I will get these again if they sell them.
I think I am ready for Hertzkrieg. I am not sure I have everything, but I have most of it!!! Rita says she will be down so that is super cool!!! I have not seen her since last year or the year before I don’t remember. Blog’s are very helpful in this area because we can keep in touch and it seems like I talk to her all the time. J I still have not had a chance to work on my baby sock; I will be taking it with. I was thinking of taking my spinning wheel so people could see it but I am not sure John will be that tolerant so I may have to make do with drop spinning. Megs blended up some great blue maybe I will spin that. She is doing a great job with her drum carder! I love it!!! Unfortunately, she wants to see how it looks spun up. I must confess, I have not played with my wheel in quite some time. It sits next to my rocking chair upstairs and I have not done much but look at it for a few months. Maybe I will take to PA at some point this winter just to get it out of the house and have the girls look at it and make sure everything was put together right. I am still a little worried about the nut coming off the front when I am spinning. Maybe Ruth can have a go? Ruth is making me a larger version of her knitting bag so I can make two socks at the same time with two different balls of yarn. It seems like something fun and she let me pick out the fabric! YAY!!!!
I ordered some shoes of EBay and I just have to get John to measure my foot. It is not as easy as I thought it would be. She has a ton of different measurements and a tracing of your foot and blah blah blah. I know I did not pay much for the shoes and John swore he would not make another pair of turn shoes again. So this was the only way to get some cute shoes. I did not know it was going to be that big of an ordeal. I have no idea when we will get this all done and faxed in so I can get my shoe. I am pretty sure I will go with black since that is the belt, pouch, and knife sheath color. It looks a bit like couch leather and I am really hoping it is not that thin. She does put 2 layers on the bottom and John approved of it before I bought it.
I need to have a Longer Berger party at some point here. They have some cute stuff on sale and we have not had a party since last year around this time. Maybe we can meet at a coffee shop with a back room and put something together. I will have to look into it and see before I decide when and let everyone know. I know cash is not something everyone has tons of, but I want to get some stuff that is part of the sale. I guess I could just have a book party kind of thing. I am taking quite a few of the baskets out for Hertzkrieg so that will be fun with John worrying about them since they were not cheap. I have one packed with nothing but feast gear and one with my stuff and one with snacks and chocolate. I am almost running out of baskets that are big enough J
I want to make scones for Hertzkrieg. I was going thru my cupboard this morning when making the cookies and found some bread pudding mix DJ bought at some point. I made it after the cookies and it turned out pretty good! I of course added some more Penzey cinnamon and vanilla sugar. I did not add anything since it looked like it had apples in it. It did not have anything extra in it. I told John to heat up the leftovers and add golden raisins to it so they will be hot too. I hope he has it for a snack tonight. I ran across 2 bags of scone mix. So I am really thinking of throwing something together Wed night after church or PA. I am not sure yet which one I will go to this week, Lent is staring already and we are going thru the Stations of the Cross. I have always wanted to know what they are since they are mentioned in the rosary. That is now why he is covering them. It starts this Wed and goes thru Good Friday. We have a great Good Friday pageant! I am not sure I will be in it this year. I had to work last year so did not volunteer. We will have to see for this year.
I have been working out again. I am almost up to walking 1 mile and biking 2 at level 3 hardness. I had to slow it down a bit since my knee started to hurt. My ankle was enough I did not want another issue so I took yesterday off. Of course I drove John’s car to work and when I got off we already had and inch of snow and it was still coming down wet. I got his car home ok and in the drive, but working out was not an option and still get home. We went to bed around noon and it had stopped snowing. When I got up tonight there was quite a bit all over but it was melting a little. The van had ice on the windows and by the time I left it was slushy and messy. The main streets were pretty clean. I hope it will be nice weather before next Sat. I do not want to drive in crap and snow! YUCK!!!!
Well that is enough for now.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope Hertzkreig is sucessful! I'd like to try to get down to Vermillion for an event this year. Have a relaxing week.
Post a Comment