Monday, February 25, 2008

Sundy Night Stuff

Church was great. I did cry over a few things that were touching. I always get emotional during Lent. I don’t know why besides the obvious. I got to see Mom since we went to the 9:20 service. John and I sat with Jess and my aunt and uncle. It was very nice to be with family and hear the rockin’ music vs. the traditional hymns we get at the first service 8:15am. I would like to find a service that is earlier for us but for right now I prefer Roy (our pastor) over an earlier service. We went out to Cracker Barrel for breakfast before church. It was nice to get out before the ice storm comes and the temps drop again.

I got up for work and it was very warm out. Some of the snow was melting and of course that water will freeze tonight along with the falling rain into ice then possibly snow. So far I don’t know what it is doing since 2200 when I sat down at my desk inside. Oh well whatever the weather brings I will be ok because I have the van.

I got a big cut on my left thumb when I was rinsing out a can for recycling. We got a huge recycling bin and I am trying to fill it every 2 weeks when they come to pick it all up. So far I am not doing too badly. A cut really sucks I tried knitting but that is a no go unless I have a band aid on. I have been trying to let it air out a bit and only put on a band aid when I am at work with all the paper and typing. I really have to go thru empty boxes on Wed and get them broken down to put in.

Tuesday we have to go to Best Buy for Beowulf it is on DVD. YAY!!! We saw it in the theater and it was really good. Not exactly like the story I am sure but I thought it was pretty good. I will have to see what else is on sale and what LG Verizon phones are out there. I get a new one this year and John says it has to be LG and I want a camera phone for sure. I want to drag him with me when I am looking so I get a good one. So far I have picked pretty good but there are a few I want him to look at because they are sliders. He gets my old one every year so he does have a say too. I would like a better camera with more memory but who knows what is out there.

I had a lot to do tonight. Apparently all the trains got called at once or 2-3 at a time in 15 min intervals for a few hours. YUCK! The night is almost done and tomorrow is my Friday!! YAY!!!! That will make it better I hope. I got my behind chewed by 2 different people over 2 different things that happened on a different shift that I had nothing to do with. I was tired anyway and ready to go home then with all that and all the trains I was beat @ 04:30. I am ahead on most of the paperwork for tomorrow so it should be easy peasy lemon squeezy! I had chocolate and some nice Newman’s Own organic tea with lemon and honey. YUM! It was very nice for my throat with all the talking to upset workers. So I did find a little comfort in my hell. J
Listen to my crabby butt!!! Oh well we all have off days.

I need to see what movies are out on Tuesday. Maybe we will go to one of them. Otherwise I want to go out and run around unless the weather is bad, then we will go to Best Buy and home. I really don’t want to be out in the mess with everyone else. I am surprised at how many other drivers there are out and about during the “normal” work week. It gets pretty bad at times. Of course I am used to the traffic @ 9:30pm and 6am. That is usually when I am on the road, pretty nice. John needs a haircut pretty bad (I think so even though he doesn’t) so maybe we can get to the barber while we are at it, maybe I can bribe him with DQ afterwards.

I think I really need to relax on Wed. I do not remember the last time I had a bath and candle night. Not that I was working super hard on my Wed, but still. A book and a bath and candles and a good amount of time of just relaxation. Oh wait I will need some good wine too! And something to snack on-Sam’s Club had some great strawberries on sale, they were really sweet. (I know they are from Brazil and the cost of shipping them doesn’t help the environment and they are not local …and..and…and.. But I really love strawberries and it is cold out and they are so much a sign of summer and tasty too!)
Sometimes I just can’t care about all that I just want what I want and in season with my normal locale be damned!

Ok that is really enough for now!
Wish me luck with Wed!!

No comments: