Monday, May 5, 2008

Stuff

Well, I will have to stay over for 4 hours Saturday and Sunday mornings. That sucks but oh well. Maybe it will mean not being forced for a few weekends after this. I will need the extra OT monies to pay for the spring clean up in our yard, it was pretty spendy but not bad considering they de-thatched and the whole lot I am happy with the results and all the leaves and brush are gone. I do need to go out and trim my bushes in the front and toss some of the dead vegetation, Hosta and the like from the front. I can’t wait until Mother’s Day to get the veggies planted and ready to go. Growing season is beginning and that means spring is really here. I know we are supposed to get snow and everyone knows how I feel about it coming this late in the season
I need to get ½ a tank of gas for the van and I am cringing and the thought of $3.45 YIKES!!!!! I know that is not as expensive as some states but still yuck!!!! I hope people plan for any vacation by making sure they have extra saved up for gas money. I know we are with our trip to Wisconsin for WW.
I am trying to pay online for WW. There is no address so we can mail it and get our package to fill out for frontage, size needed for tents and so on. July is when the event takes place and this year we are just hoping to be able to get in. I couldn’t go last year and that sucked so I made sure this year to get time off and be ready to go. Now we are waiting on others to get it together. I hope we do not fall thru the cracks. I know quite a few folks will be pretty upset if we can’t get in including us J
I got thru my OT just fine and got some other work done during my OT hours. That was nice to get kind of caught up. John had to be alone in the mornings since I basically came home talked for awhile and went to bed. He had to suffer for it but in the end it will be nice money. I hope I don’t have to work again for a bit. At stitch n bitch Wed I volunteered for being the groups Herald. Of course I know nothing about being Herald and have never done any heralding so I do not know the first thing. I have not held an office for many years so I hope it is more streamlined with the internet being more accessible. I am just “filling” in until someone who wants to do it comes along. I figure we need officers and I have no problem taking up some slack for now. I felt it was time to get back into it. No politics!!!!! That is my motto!!!! I just hope I can stick to it and not get involved in all of that. I still have not heard about my name or device documentation. I was hoping to get a letter or an email with all the specifics so I can get everything registered. YAY!!!!
I put out my geraniums from last year so I hope they survive. I am not bringing them back inside until fall. I was thinking of transplanting them in something a little better but so far no. I have 2 Christmas cactus that also need to get replanted and I need to get pots and dirt. Of course all of that just happens to be on sale right now since it is SPRING!!!! I just have to make sure to get my tail out and pick some up before it gets too late. I plan on getting my veggies on Wed and getting them in the ground so they can get rain later in the week. I have a great layer of decomposing leaves and grass. I want to pick up some PREEEN to put in the hole before I put in the plant. I do vow this year to keep my tomatoes clipped and not let them take over the garden! We will see how well that goes J
I have 2 African violets that need to get replanted and put in the right spots. I was thinking of by my sink which is where they are now and seem to be doing ok. I do need to replace the light bulb over the sink and that may help them at night. During the day I make sure the window is open but I don’t think they get a whole lot of work there. I have an orchid to replant too. I did move my spider plant to in the middle of the sitting room so it gets light from the window and the downstairs sliding door window. So far it is doing ok we will see how long it stays super green and poofy with lots of babies. I am going to take the Aloe Vera from my Grandma that is over 20 years old will be going outside and dying. I am not bringing it in at all so if anyone wants it let me know and I will move it to the front of the house. I will water it but that is all so hopefully I can nab one of the smaller shoots to put in a small pot and keep. I just don’t want to mess with the huge planter etc..etc..
My DR said I had to get shoes that don’t bend for my toe. John and I went off to Shoe Carnival in search of something for me and for John. I found some brown shoes but not in my size. John said to try skate shoes and they did work, so I am the proud wearer of white (with black skulls) and black (with pink skulls) skate shoes. Yes skulls!!! I am so Rad. Yeah right. So far they aren’t so bad but when I wear one of my other shoes my toe really hurts. So I guess better than before. It still hurts constantly and the Glucloseamin (sp) is not really doing much yet.

No comments: