DJ said to call her when I got up. I got up naturally without the alarm and got ready to go. Stopped at Great clips to get my spring trim. It was very nice. I went next store to Oscars and got a great coffee. I called DJ and she was at World Market. I drove over and we looked around. She recommended some wine and it turned out to be very very good! We decided to check out the new Goodwill to see what that looks like and what kind of stuff it had. We spent way too much on clothes for Grace. We stayed there until they closed then went to Granite City. I got my betta cheddar burger with no onions. I forgot how many onions the garlic mashed had. I should have gone with fries. I had a melon ball drink and we had a great time talking. I got some cool Mississippi mud cups, some lotion and money to buy Rick Springfield tickets for the Corn Palace festival in August. I of course will have to call and get them this morning and we will probably stay the night at a hotel and come home the next day. I will have to go back to work so I am not sure how that will work out. We will see. Mitchell is not that far away and I may drive back that night just so I can kind of stay on schedule. Anyone who worked nights knows how hard it is to stay on some sort of schedule so you can still get good sleep.
Friday night DJ was going to come to work and give me more gifts and a cake. Well, we had a snow storm. NICE BIRTHDAY!!!! It is a 40th for the books though. She called and said she got to her home and was not sure if they would be able to get out again in the morning. She will drop off the cake this morning for me if they to get into town. I have some PediPeds for Grace that are called Grace. I knew she would have to have them, so I will put them out in case she shows up this morning.
John had George sing happy birthday to me Friday morning. That was nice. I stopped at Hy-Vee and picked up Chinese and cupcakes. I wanted to stay home and watch Survivor. I decided as I was getting ready to check out to get roses and on the way out the door I picked up a coffee. I wanted flowers and I got the neatest color almost like a freckle look to it. CUTE!!
It was raining still and had not turned into snow yet. We had a great morning. It was nice and cozy. I got up and John had swept some of the snow off the van so that made it a little easier to get going to work. Very helpful, and a nice little birthday extra.
I get to work and the girls had gotten a Thomas the Tank Engine train cake, one of the girls got me “flowers and a balloon” which was African violets a chocolate bar and a happy birthday balloon. One of the other girls gave me some free trade chocolates very tasty!! And yet still another girl gave me some lotion, chocolate some caramel popcorn she makes at home that I love and a card that almost everyone signed. WAY COOL!!!! It was a very nice night. We had pizza delivered and there was a veggie tray someone else brought in. The cake was vanilla with strawberry in the middle. Very spring like and yummy.
I hope I can get the flowers outside with the weather and in the house with out them croaking on me. I will try to take photos; I forgot my camera phone at home-Suck! They are very purpley.
I had a chance to catch up with my Caffeine swap partner. She got her package and was very excited with everything that was in it. She had wanted to start making socks. I unknowingly sent a book, sock yarn and a small knitting bag to put everything in. I was going to put in needles, but was unsure of what she would like to use with her gauge and all. I usually use a size 2 but who knows, I had not used that yarn before. I sent off the coolest cow mug where the feet of the mug were the udders and the rest of the cup was cow colored. FUN! I am glad she got it and liked everything so far. I was worried. Now my Swap partner….did send me an email stating she was going to send it out but forgot. I was hoping to get it on my birthday but no luck. I hope I get some cool stuff! This was my first swap on Ravelry so I was not sure how it would pan out. Not too bad so far.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy B-day! (And good job coaxing your orchid to spike!)
Post a Comment