We went to Wanted. We liked it. I also like CSI so the gore and blood were fine with me. It was fantasy ish as far as some of the stuff but still entertaining. He is cute and so in Angelina. It was worth the matinee price. When we get back I want to go to HellBoy Wall-E and Hancock. We will see how many we go to when we get settled in from the trip. I lost 22 pounds so far on the diet. I don't know if I will keep up the thousand calories or go to 1500 calories. I am still thinking on that.
7/2/08 I went to DJ’s for the 4th of July by invite. I did not invite my self over she invited me. I stopped and picked up some fireworks at Black Cat right by my house. Not very many about $45 worth. I brought Salmon for the grill and we had Sangria’s which are fabulous!! We had a great meal and I got to watch Grace for a little bit and pet poor old Velcro who is not long for this world. He has stopped licking himself and meows like KiKa did when she stopped too. It was going along great until David mentions DJ has a curfew. Of course I have no idea what that is about. I have all night long since I actually didn’t have to work OT on my day off. I got up early to drive out there. I started shooting @ 10pm-not very dark out and finished up at around 10:25pm I was shooting stuff off one after the other so there was not a lot of time to sit and watch it. David came out to “check” on us and we were already done. If I had it to do over again knowing how the night would unfold I don’t think I would have gone out. It was way too much hassle to do something that I had freedom before. Now last year was also drama so I am pretty sure I won’t be accepting the invite. I don’t want to cheapen something that is very important to me. I had some time to think about it and that is what I feel. It took me quite awhile to figure out how I felt about the night and everything the 4th represents to me and make my decision. I don’t want to rush when I am doing the thing that most connects me to my Dad. It has become more to me than just shooting off fireworks. I don’t have a need to shoot them unless I can take my time and connect in a way that is more fitting to my memories. Since this was my 2nd year in a row to have a chance to shoot fireworks since my Dad passed away I was able to step away from it and really examine what I was going thru. The first year I was just excited to shoot them and damn the consequences so to speak. It felt really good to have a chance to get out there and shoot them after so long of not having that opportunity. It was great feeling that connection I had not felt in so long. But in having that then and this year not being able to really duplicate the experience. It was a disappointing thing instead of being what it could have been.
John and I are getting ready for WW so that is really great! I don’t know how I am going to fit unloading the van and re-loading the van into Tuesday and leave Wednesday morning for the site. There is no Wal-Mart for 40 miles! I totally can’t believe it! They have a Piggly Wiggly and that is the only grocery store really. So we have to stop and load up before we leave instead of when we get there like we normally do. That will suck since we don’t have a lot of room anyway. I have to find Rubbermaid’s for all the clothes let alone everything else we are planning on taking. It will be a blast I am sure once we get there and get set up. This going out a day early just means we will be completely established and ready to go by Thursday when everyone comes in and gets set up. Megs and Jaime both are going out on Wed too so we will have extra time to chat with them since I am sure not very many people will be there. We are near the showers and flush toilets so that is another extra bonus.
It is a 6 hour drive so that will be fun and with the gas prices I can’t wait to see how much it will be. I need to make sure to fill up before we get on the road. I wanted to make an appointment to get the air conditioning checked since it is not very cold but I am not sure that will happen. I have to call them today and see. That is just one more thing on my huge list to get done or check on. DJ is coming out Friday to water all the outside plants so that will be nice. The cats will be fine on their own with plenty of food and I got a cool Drinkwell fountain for them with a large extra water reserve. It is filtered water so I am not as worried. I still have to come in tonight after working 12 hours on Sunday. That sucks but I get 8 days off in a row so that will be nice. We should get back Sunday evening sometime. I should put in a vacation stop at the post office so they hold my mail until I get back again, that is something on my list and we will see how far I get with that
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment