Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lately

It has been forever since I posted something. Well we have had a lot going on since KiKa. The Renn Faire in town was great we actually got to stay inside and just set up our tables. It was nice!!! Ellis and Hagen stopped by to chat along with Breeze, Ruth and others. DJ came with Grace and they saw the petting zoo so she really loved that. We made pretty decent cash and asked to be inside again next year.
We both started a weight loss program. I am down to 1000 calories a day until 7/09 when we leave for WW. John is at 2000 a day until we leave. After that we will both have to decide if that is something we want to continue or try something else. We have been doing this for 2 weeks now and both have looser fitting clothes. We will have to set up at WW alone so we knew we had to start something to handle the heat and the tent and unloading all of that what not. I did say we would get small water bottles and keep then in the cooler for us. Our guests will just have to live with our gallon water on the ground. It doesn’t get hot but it is not cold. We will take mix in’s to put in the water so we don’t crave pop or sweets. It is what we are doing now but just decided to bring along with us. I still have normal sugar in my coffee just less. I have been making my own French press coffee and at WW there will be a coffee house so I can still get my fix.
We are not really ready, I do not have anything packed so we shall wait and see what Wed brings. If nothing else we don’t leave and just wait until Thurs. like we originally planned. I changed my dentist appt for Thurs morning so that will take a little bit more out of the way.
I plan on heading out to DJ’s Wed night for my 4th of July. She lives on a farm so we can shoot off fireworks early. I have to see when we can buy them. I can’t wait to get out there and shoot some stuff off!!! I bought some salmon so we can grill it with fresh dill and lemon. DJ has some in her garden. I will have to make sure to pack some water and mix in’s. Last Wed was our PA meeting. We met at the falls waterfront cafĂ©. I did pretty good overall. Amy, Megs, and Ruth showed up and we knitted and showed some newer books we had. It was nice. I made up my mind to get more baby yarn at Wal-Mart because I was rows away from being done with a baby blanket I was working on. I can only crochet with John when we watch TV. Knitting and Spinning are out. He asked who the blanket was for and I said whoever is having a baby. Well tonight at work one of the guys is coming up for class and he is having a baby in Dec. I will have to get a fun baby bag and put it in with a card. I knew someone would need it. I got 2 skeins of the same kind of generic baby yarn blue, pink, yellow and white. 2 skeins of the same colors but a softer yarn and some green with blue and pink specks-this is the softest and the one I started this morning when I finished the other one. I don’t know who for but again, I am sure someone will come by that needs one.
John thinks we should get a kitty after WW. I am still not sure but am willing to go and look for one. I would now be a little more ok with one but it is a lot of work and I am not sure about it. If we see the perfect kitty maybe. I have been letting George have the run of the house pretty much and really likes it. I even took him outside. I can’t remember the last time we did that. I know KiKa was the last one to get to go outside about a week before she died. It was fun seeing him react to everything.
I got my letter stating my device can be registered from out east. Doyle got his copy too so it is just a matter of time before name and device are good to go. This has been a long time in the making. I will have to start making things with my device on them. I was thinking of a sideless surcoat but we will have to see. I wanted to make a banner but am now sure how to go about it.

No comments: