Ok it has been while since I had felt in the mood to write as many of you who post to your own blog’s are doing too.
My first Monday and Tuesday were spent with friends. It was very enjoyable and after so many days in a row of working relaxing. I got to go out with Megs and Ron for supper then off to the movies with Ron. We had a blast. We saw Death Race, John saw the original and was super excited to see the remake. He said they did a pretty good job. Somewhere in there we also saw Tropic Thunder I thought was pretty good for an action spoof movie. John thought it was ok.
Then a normal work week with no over time and the next Monday Tuesday was spent just John and I bumming around. We went to burn after reading and John loved it. I am not as big of a fan of it. I thought it was ok. We went running around and picked up some gifts for Mom’s birthday.
Another normal work week a little OT but nothing to big. Then Monday with John we went to Ghost Town. Very funny I really laughed out loud. We were out running around for most of the day. We went to Lone Star for all you can eat breaded steak bites. YUCK!!!!!! They were pretty gross. Battered meat is not a good idea. I had to stay up for quite awhile so I could sleep during the night and get up and ready to go by 830am. Tuesday was my train ride! I got up early so I could bake cookies for the guys. I also picked up some Halloween candy (kit kat recees) so they could have a little treat. DSS picked my up at home and we drove to Huron. I got to meet the Huron yard crew and ride on the train while they switched in the yard. That was the train ride. I did not get to go any further than that. Pity, I wanted to ride the rails, oh well.
It was really nice being able to put a face with who you talk to on the phone. The bosses went of to quality check some guys and I was off to switch. They had a student too so that was pretty fun. I got to learn what goes into some of the different cars and how they sit on the side tracks and how you hook up the engine pick up cars up to the one you want to dig out then pull them all forward switch the track and set them in front of other cars. Go back to the first track take that car forward then switch tracks grab more cars up to the one you need to pull out, pull forward then back up and drop off all the cars you picked up and hang on to the one you need for the train. Again pull forward then back up grab the other car you need pull forward etc etc. That is pretty much what they do all day until they have a train built that will leave Huron headed to Chicago or Rapid City some where further away. I didn’t know exactly what all it was about when I started. I now know more what each person does on the jobs. It was really a learning experience. I would love to go from point a to point b and actually go on the train for awhile. It was a very pretty drive and I had not been up to Brookings in quite awhile. When we broke for lunch we had picked up 6 cars total and they were just really getting started. We went to Marlin’s café and I had a cheese burger it wasn’t too bad, not like usual when I eat there. We went back to the Huron office and said bye to the guys and went to the Roundhouse where they work on cars and engines. It was neat to see all the wheels just hanging out waiting to get used, stacks of batteries water coolers etc etc. It was very interesting and they guy who gave us the tour loved what he did. I did know so many guys worked over there, I would have taken a bag of candy to them too. They of course are no one I would talk to at all, but still I felt bad I only had one bag to give. We took off for home after that. It was a full day and I was super tired! This switching your whole schedule for 1 day sucks!! I finally laid down for a nap at 8pm John woke me up at 2am. I was a bear! We ordered calzones and watched TV until I went to bed for real @ 1200.
I woke up and did not want to get going. I got to work at 0956 which is pretty late for me. The person I was relieving is my relief today and I am sure she will be late. I will have to get in early tonight so she gets to go home early after 12 hours. I get to stay over today 9/25 until 10am. I may try to go to the Co-OP since I just got paid. John has to go in early tonight and work for 13hours instead of 12. He has to go to training, he is not very happy but everyone has to come in early. After that I plan on having a slow week with not a whole lot going on. I have to go upstairs this morning and buy some United Way tickets. I hope they take a check. I am picking up some for another night girl since we are never here when they come in. Next Monday and Tuesday I have no idea what we will do. I hope work on the house and get stuff set up for Halloween. I have to work that night but John will be up and giving out treats. I need to plug in my jack-o-lantern and have him on so when I come home he glows orange. I remember KiKa lay down near it all the time when it was on. She would peek out of the banister upstairs and meow at me when I came home and she was glowing orange from the light.
Next week is the 5 year anniversary of my Dad passing away. I always feel sad this time of year and with Mom going thru counseling I get more nostalgic since we are talking more about different things that we lived thru with him. It is very interesting what we both remember. I try to keep the good thoughts more to the front rather than the bad stuff. But it is good to remember both. Some days it feels like he was here yesterday and others it feels longer than 5 years.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
we are just finishing sp12, sp13 will be coming up soon
Post a Comment