Sunday, October 5, 2008

10/05/08

I finally got off my butt and made a bunch of appointments. I get paid Friday so that is nice too. I have an eye appointment 0845-08, oil change for the car 0830-09, Natural Arts massage, chiropractor and acupuncture appointment 0800-10, Lovely Nails for a manicure and pedicure 0900-11.

The next week we see Death Note @ 7pm 10/15, mammogram @ women’s health institute off 57th @ 7am-16, oil change for the van 0800-17 and finally dentist cleaning 0930-20.
Man that was a lot of calls but I got pretty much everything organized and I just have to keep looking at my calendar to make sure I go to everything and not forget it. I have forgotten the dentist I don’t know how many times now. I feel really bad and I have no idea why I hate going there so bad I block the appointment out of my mind. Oh well!!!
I got thru this last week pretty good. There were a few times I was sad but that is to be expected. Overall I did a pretty good job of coping. Every year I do a little better. I stopped myself from being super crabby to John knowing it wasn’t his fault and I was just mad/sad. I try to catch myself if I can when I realize it is not him but the time of the year. John realized the other day all of his childhood home and stuff are gone. His mom sold her home and everything that was his is no longer there. I don’t know how it will hit him when we go back home for a visit. (usually his mom comes here)(coping) He also realized how long ago he lost his dad and how he has been alive longer without his dad that the time he had with him. We are always envious of how much time others get with their dad because ours are gone.
Monday we are going to see Appaloosa hopefully with Ron if he gets my email. It is supposed to be the best western in the last few years and it has Viggo in it. I can’t wait!!! I love 3:10 to Yuma so this will be another treat. I am not sure what time since I will be working all night then staying up to see the movie. Usually we go to the first showing so we can get lunch then go to the movie and go home and I can get some sleep. I want to go to Red Lobster for all you can eat shrimp before it leaves again so that will be Monday or Tuesday. I am not sure where else we will end up. Last week it was Famous Dave’s for a lunch and Coyote Canyon which was pretty good comfort food. I had my coffee and bread pudding after picking out the raisins. That really hit the spot.
My new mum plants in the front of the house are starting to bloom a wonderful purple color. Very nice. I can’t wait for next year when they are more established. I am sure this first year I am supposed to cut off all the blossoms so the plant roots more, I don’t know about all that. I love my flowers. I have one in the garden still coming up yellow. I hope every year it spreads and I fill up the garden again, so far no such luck.
I went to the gym the last few days and got my bike riding up to 5.6 miles at 117 heart rate. It was pretty nice. I also figured out the triceps and bicep machine so that was new. I will have to work harder at it next week. I love the bike riding though. I really pushed it yesterday by going for ½ hour of just the bike for weight loss so the machine sped up or slowed down based on my heart rate. I was dead by the time I got done but it was worth it. I felt really good!!! I just need to keep it up.
Well that is all for now.

No comments: