Well we had a great couple of days off! Monday we went running all over and decided to stop by the Humane Society to look at cats and kittens. Well, we found a new baby boy named Oreo-of course we changed it to little bear(aka little shit, little monster etc etc) He is a handful! I forgot how 6 month old kitties are. So far he and the other cats are just hissing at each other. He is only allowed downstairs and we sleep with the older cats during the day to give them a break and when I go to work I lock Little Bear in the bedroom and the other cats have reign of the basement. When I get home this morning I will let him out and all 3 will be together again. We will see how this schedule works until DH gets time off and then that will be completely different yet again for him. He is adorable! I want to post photos when I get some taken. He has completely white legs and a tiger grey and black striped back and tail. His face is a combination of the two. He is a charmer! He is not KiKa’s replacement because no kitty could ever be that. And John wants to be part of the kitty too. KiKa was just mine and treated him with tolerance only. I was hoping for a kitty that was mine but oh well. His birthday is April 23rd.
We are having a pot luck tonight at work so I am not sure what to bring. Maybe a cake, that would be easy and cheap since I don’t have any meat or meal products at my house I can’t make something. I will have to go to Hy Vee and see what pops out at me to bring knowing I have to take it home if it is not all eaten up.
I stayed up long enough Monday to see the girls. After the long day and getting the kitty I really was beat. The coffee really did not do a whole lot to perk me up since I was up for over 20 hours already. I did manage to get caught up in all the what nots going on with the girls. Ruth made a new bad design and Megs and I are testers. John took a look at it and has some ideas for her to chew on. We will see where she takes it from here. I really think the design is cute and new. I am not sure about the no handle aspect but it will grow on me to be sure.
I did get a chance to go looking for an African Violet self watering planter ceramic. We have nothing at Cliff Ave Greenhouse which really surprised me. I checked Ace hardware and Home Depot. I really want a few of those. I guess I will just have to be really careful about my watering this winter and in the spring pick up a few of those pots. Unless I can find them at good will, or savers. DH is checking into getting something together, I am not sure how it will turn out, but he is on the case to making something that will work for now if nothing else. I knew I had to get them planted for sure. I went outside and all my plants have been bitten by the cold. No use in bringing them inside now. I will have to keep the planters and put new geraniums in different colors for the spring. I will have to get a garbage bag outside to dispose of them before Friday.
I have been trying to get stuff together for Halloween. I want to get up early that day but I have no idea what time I will be able to get to bed from my massage in the morning. YUM!!!!! I can’t wait. I have been really sore lately but I am not sure exactly what it is from. I am not sure if it is the bike riding or the sleeping hard to try and get caught up. Today when I got up everything was sore and I am really not sure why.
Well, that is enough news for now!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment