Saturday, January 17, 2009

1/17/09

The night with the girls was a hit, until Megs touched her face after picking up Little Bear and petting him. Her eyes got all red and she became sniffly then it was time to go. We met at Camille’s I bought one of their cute green mugs. We had food and talked about our projects, work, Ruth’s Grandma and other stuff. Megs made a large bag based on Ruth’s bag but larger. I also got fingerless mitts! YAY!!! Ruthie made a DPN holder with clever beads marked with numbers 0 on up. There are two pockets for each number so I can keep my DPN’s straight. YAY!!! It was made out of the fabric Megs had hand dyed. It was a great surprise! I got a total package of 5 DPN’s I don’t remember what sizes where in the auction but I think it was 0-13. They are unfortunately longer than my new needle holder pockets allow. Of course this spurred DH to state he wants to make my one for my new needles when his sewing machine is up and running. How sweet! The DPN’s are wood and feel really soft, each one is stamped with what kind it is.

I finally got my SP package out in the mail and the got it so that was huge! I am trying to think of what to put together for her final package. I also got signed up for the Caffeine swap on Ravelry. That is going to be a Valentines swap and I am already getting stuff together. YUM!!!! I started to go thru my titles and need to write them down so I can search Ravelry and add them to my book list. I got some nice yarn and need to add that with a photo too. I have no idea when I will get around to all that. J I have to decide which yarns will go to which person since they both like similar colors.

I wiped down my kitchen counters with pledge and they looked great until it dried then it had dry streaks again. I am thinking lemon oil for the next go around. I haven’t used a cleaner on them for about a year. I wiped them down with water but I don’t think that was enough moisture. It could be the cheap wood they used, but I want to make it last as long as I can. I didn’t really notice how dry they look. I went over my banister with pledge too. That was getting kind of dry too. I have so many plants on my kitchen table I can’t sit down to eat at it. I have no idea where the big one should go so it gets enough light. DJ had too many plants at Colleens! If Laura’s house sells I can’t fit any more here. I think the Christmas cactus may die. It is all limp. I moved them 1/5 so it wasn’t the coldest day but it was cold. I got them home and out of the car as fast as I could but wow!! I am waiting for the signs. She didn’t water them so when I got them all situated, the next day I gave everyone a big drink. Some didn’t have catchers for water so I made sure to find something to put under it. I hate water rings!! I will move the Christmas cactus in a few days to be nearer to the window. The big elephant ear plant I have no idea where that will do best. She had it in a North facing window and on the table gets light from the North but takes up the whole table. I am thinking of seeing if the plant stand I have will hold her big pot then it can be really close to the East window upstairs. I really think it will do ok if I can make it upstairs with it. All of them need a little more dirt and I am not up for getting that all over.

DH car won’t start with the cold weather. I will need to go to Wal-Mart and get a new battery when it warms up and we can start it. It is parked behind the van so that really sucks! I can’t use the van to jump it and I can’t move the van to get gas for it. The Malibu I don’t think is strong enough, I really bet the van would start it no problem. It did the other morning DH couldn’t start it. We didn’t think it was a cold weather thing. Of course how much colder could it have gotten?? The Malibu started just fine and so did the van when I could get to it. I am sure this weekend we will try and get things straightened around.

I re-organized my coffee area. I completely took everything off the counter wiped it down and unboxed my new coffee grinder and put some beans in it. It really looks nice. I have yet to use it, since it was sooo cold I skipped making coffee to take to work. Sunday night however I will totally have to make some and take it with me. I have a mandatory meeting Monday @ 0200. I work the night before so this will totally suck!!! I can’t wait! I don’t know why I couldn’t come when she gives the night girls the run down from the meeting. I told them both not to ask me anything about the meeting since I am just showing up and will not be able
to process what is going on, it should be fun. I will try to be hopped up on caffeine but there are no guarantees that it will help. I usually just drive maybe for lunch or a movie at that time so I don’t have to have all my facilities working. I surely do not knit or do something that requires my attention. DH says he will try to keep me up and awake. It is supposed to last 1-2 hours YUCK!!!! 2 more days to go!

No comments: