Well I have been swamped at work lately and have not really had any extra time to blog. I finished my hat and it looked like a tea cozy. It was that big. I have no idea why. I just know there will be no hat to go with anything. DH thread some yarn thru it and it makes a cool bag, yes it is that big. DH can fold it in half and it will still fit him just fine. HUGE!!!! Frustrated you bet!! After all that work, frogging it, the time involved and everything. I don't know how it was that big but the next one is as many stitches cast on but smaller yarn and smaller needles. I am not a fan. I may actually need a pattern and get my circular needles out and try it that way. I really enjoy my DPN's but oh well. Something new is not bad just different. I may just give it up for now and crochet the scarves for the tree next year. My Carpal Tunnel is acting up since I started on hats. I am not sure why but that is when it started to hurt more and more. I need to remember to take ibuprofen and find my brace. Ruth said she sleeps with hers again when it acts up. That is a great idea but have no idea where mine are at. I got one off EBay so that will help when I get it. Meg's hand warmers are nice too. My hands get cold easily now.
The awesome coffee grinder DH got me is really working great! I am super happy! It hold 1/2 lb of beans. It grinds what I tell it to and I don't have to hold the button. I do have to take the filter over to the sink to dump in the grind so I don't get it all over. But I can take the cup that the grind goes into and put it in the dishwasher so that will be nice between flavored beans and normal beans. My coffee area really looks nice. I had time to get the vacuum out this morning and give the upstairs a once over. I loaded and ran the dishwasher, that was nice to get out of the way, now I just have to put them away. 1/2 the battle. DJ's plants are really getting hit hard by the move in the cold. The fern dumped a bunch of thin leaves. I moved it to vacuum then moved it back and more fell off. It overall looks good, but we shall see how much is left. The Limón tree lost almost all it's leaves and what is left over have brown spots on them and I am sure will fall with the rest. There was a plant that grew pretty big and all the leaves have fallen off, I cut it back and there are new leaves growing now so I am sure it was just the cold on the leaves not the actual roots. The palm plant has several leaves that have some brown on them but I think that one will be ok in the end. The mix of desert plants dropped a few and I could pick out some of the leaves but the larger prickly thorn cactus sucks. The aloe and Christmas cactus are actually doing better than I thought. The twin to the one I had from before is doing well too. There was a spider plant looking plant that is huge. The ends are browning like a spider plant but overall it is ok. It is almost Friday!
I am super happy my week is almost over. We saw Gran Tureno last Tuesday. I laughed and cried. It really reminded me of my Dad. It was a good movie. I don't know if DH has any plans for movies this week. Sorry Ron Monday wouldn't have worked out. Monday Mom had off because of MLK day. We went to Marlins had a great breakfast then bummed around for a bit. I had a meeting at 2pm so I spent the morning getting things together for the Caffeine Swap and my Secret Pal for Feb. DH and I had fun. The meeting was informative. There were only 2 of us on our days off that attended. Everyone else didn't want to come in or something. I know 2 people had DR appointments. I thought mandatory meant you had to be there. If I had known it was at your leisure I would have voted for a different time or day. I found out I get something from the company for having perfect attendance for a year. It has been longer than that but I at least got some recognition for it. They won't say what I will be getting but that is cool. Something is better than nothing.
We shall see what the weekend brings.
That's it for now
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment