Monday we went to Rise of the Lycans Underworld. It was pretty good. I need to rewatch them since I was a little rusty on the characters. I had no idea Vampires could breed and grow babies. It was interesting. Tuesday night we had PA night. It was pretty nice. DH came along and we talked about electric spinning wheels. Megs talked about her game plan with work cutting back hours. Ruth talked about her new bag design. I complained about my hat. We all came up with different ideas for each other. I got some sleep before we went so that was nice. Megs had email problems and thought we weren't coming. Luckily we called her and each other to verify when and where. Feb 10 we will have to have another meeting so Amy V can come along.
I made my bento for work tonight. It looks cool and tastes good too. I took photos. I don't have anything super fancy, but did cut up my stuff VS having a whole pear and 1/2 pita. It made it fun to eat which is kind of the point. I am trying to think up things to do for my Bento. Rice is pretty high in calories so that sucks. I was looking at rice and egg molds. I have a ton of options on EBay. My Bento is the Fit & Fresh from Target with the ice pack. It had 2 small containers and 1 large one everything fits in. I am looking at websites to get ideas. I don't like the high sugar content of some of the traditional Bento dishes. I do like the portion control. I ate 1/2 of the stuff at 23:30 and will probably eat more later tonight as I get hungry. I figure that is a way to eat less food more times to get my metabolism going again. I really need to get back to working out. I want to go ride bike this morning then stop at home grab stuff and head to DJ's for breakfast. I need to make sure to grab Kung Fu Panda for her Grace wants to watch it.
I am still trying to think of what to do for my free things post. I started working on a crochet scarf for the tree. I am still knitting a hat- haven't worked on it lately. Megs was working on a shrug for work and I really liked that idea. I was thinking prayer shawl for Mom. I don't know what to make it out of or how much to buy, but that is a work in progress. I will wait to cut my hair for Locks of Love until I get to Ireland. I am sure they have some type of program like Locks and it would really be a great memory on the trip to go from long red hair to shorter red hair mid trip. I plan on cutting 10 inches and I have been growing it until it is almost down to my behind. I still have to go online to find out DOT regulations and where laundry mats are. I had a great idea about maybe contacting the SCA in Ireland and see if I can meet some members out there. We shall see. Of course if I do line something up I will need to take gifts and that I am not sure about. I am not sure with how much time before I leave and my limited skills what to make that is easy and something I can do. I am not sure how many people are in the Barony or whatever they have other there. Needless to say I have some research to do. Let's see when I make myself do it....
DJ's plants are bouncing back. The one that lost all it's leaves has new ones sprouting as we speak. The Christmas cactus firmed up and is doing better. The Limón tree had buds on it and some of them are blooming and then fall off. I am sure the cold did not help them at all. That and I have no bees to pollinate it. My orchids are on hold as far as the infestation. I keep wiping them off and they are surviving. I moved the palm plant upstairs and that takes up quite a bit of room. I think it has better light there but it is too soon to tell. The fern I have not looked at again. It is more work so far than it is worth. I know when I look at it I will have to have the vacuum handy. The rest so far are doing ok. I tried to root an African violet leaf. It got rooted then I planted it and now it is not looking so good. I may have needed to wait longer for the roots, I am not sure. I watch it liquefy slowly. Eventually I will pluck it out and toss it. Some of DJ's plants need to be repotted and they need to be divided. I need to bring in my dirt so I can just add some to the top of most and they will be ok. That is for another day.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You should post the picture of your bento! I want to see it. ;) You go girl!
Something else that may help with your orchids - is repot them in lave rocks (and charcoal if you want). I'm trying it too right now with my orchids that are getting spider mites right now. You can also keep them in plastic bags for a few weeks with a bit of moisture after you have wiped them off really good. Spider mites don't like humidity. Thus we see them every year in the winter here. :p
Looking forward to seeing y'all on Tuesday. I'll bring your very late Christmas present then.
(lave = lava) egahds I can't spell today.
Post a Comment