Friday, February 6, 2009

2/6/09

We saw Taken on Monday with Ron. I loved it, very suspenseful. Did not end quite the way I thought. We ran around Monday then went to the movie. It was nice, we watched some TV then headed for bed. Tuesday was pretty much the same thing ran around. I realized I needed to take in the van and car for an oil change. I need to call and set it up today for next week. Tuesday I ran over to the Co-Op and took back all my glass bottles for milk so at least I don't have them cluttering up the kitchen cupboards. I went to Soap's Up car wash on Minn. I loved going there for the car wash and I saw they had a club card. I stopped by before and they didn't have any available so this was my chance to stop in. A foreign guy yelled something at me before I walked in the door, so I stopped. He came over and asked what I wanted. Really all like that. YES! I explained I wanted a club card to wash my car. He said to come inside so I did and he asked how much. I said $10. I said I could always re-charge it so I wanted to start with $10. That was the only cash I had on me and I was not about to give him my debit card. The office looked pretty trashy and not like a business and I didn't like the guy's attitude. He basically laughed at me and I said I would take my business else where and walked out and left. Now I have to find somewhere else to wash my car. SUCK!! I tried to find a website online and there was nothing. I didn't know it was so rinky dink. They are a really good car wash and get my car good and clean but now I need to continue to go around town to find something else. My friend at work said Get-N-Go on S Marion has a good one. Anyone else have of any others I can try???

I moved the palm plant upstairs and it is ok so far. The other one has little leaves sprouting everywhere so I know that one is happy. The Limón is still dropping blossoms. They smell nice but are getting all over the table. I ran the dishwasher and washed a ton of clothes. I need to strip off the bed and wash those today after I go to the grocery store. I have been trying to think of what I need all night so hopefully I have it all. I made coffee so that was a nice change up but need more milk at work. I worked out yesterday. I was trying to walk a mile, as I was walking I got the speed up to 2.9 and I was at .73 I was looking around and tucking my hair behind my ear then all of a sudden my machine stopped. I had accidentally pushed the stop button. I took it as a sign and went over to the bike. I rode for a mile then decided I was done for the day. My left calf is giving me some trouble so I tried to start stretching it, I think it needs a lot more of that. I stretch but I need to try different ones and more of it maybe. My left lower back and side of my but hurts in the muscle part. I am sure I just need to schedule a massage and acupuncture appointment and I will be fine. I will just have to try and find time. Maybe next Friday if I can get in. Tuesday night is Pa night at Black Sheep Coffee, it is the last Christmas gift I will be getting. I have some other stuff for the girls that I had forgotten about during the last exchange.

A girl at work wants to trade 2/17 for 2/26 so we could maybe meet on that Thursday night somewhere. DH will have to work so it will really be just us girls. He actually told me the girls didn't want him along. I said no they didn't mind because he was talking about spinning and is trying to make an electric spinning wheel and needs input. I told him this Tuesday Amy V will be there and DH wants her input too since she spins quite a bit. Feb 13th DJ wants to get pedicures and the only place open early enough is the Lovely Nails on Minn, she is inviting her cousin. I need to call and make an appointment for 3, maybe if I can get Megs to come in to town we can do 4. It is on me Megs, let me know!

I stopped making my hat in disappointment and hand hurt. I have been crocheting a little on the scarf but not very far. I am just trying to get my carpal tunnel to calm down again. I must have aggravated it at work with all the new stuff we have to type in and all the trains add extra typing. I have been stretching it out and have my wrist brace. I can't wear it at night it bothers me too much. I have tried to remember to wear it at home. I got 2 doz fresh farm eggs all brown. YUM!! I need to make egg salad for work. I want some hard boiled ones too. I have had a craving for eggs lately and this will take care of it just fine. I went online and found 1 of the hotels has laundry service, I think in Dublin. That is one thing off my list of stuff to do. I still need to go online to see the international weight and luggage restrictions. I have not flown since before 911. I need to find good take off and on shoes for the flight. I still need to contact Verizon to let them know I will be traveling. I still want a laptop to take with to download photos and post what went on for the day as it happens. Oh well I will just have to keep a travel journal.

Well that is enough ramblings for now.

2 comments:

Amy V. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy V. said...

Tell your DH for me - that he is welcome to join us at PA nights!

See you Tues.