Monday, March 30, 2009

Get some tissues here are some issues

Well it has been a bit since I last posted. I have had quite a bit go on
with in myself. I have been trying thru Lent to read the new testament
again. I made it thru the bible in a year and that was fine but I wanted
to get thru some of it again. That has made me think and try to become a
better person. Some days I really make an effort and others I get shoved and shove back which is not what my goal is. I had a conflict with a co worker that ended in her yelling at me. I of course raised my voice- instead of acting I reacted.
I feel bad about the last comment I made- not about the point I wastrying to make. The point never landed because she wasn't listening and had tuned me out. I am sad because of this happening. I thought we were friends and a friends don't scream at each other. At least my friends don't. I trying to become more self
aware, trying to stop and think about things before I cock off and
say something I will regret. I am not saying I do this all the time, but
I am trying which is more than I had done before. After the yelling I went downstairs and had a bit of a cry because I was stressed about something that was supposed to be a simple adult request turned into a yelling fest on her end. Not what I had planned. DH and I went over some scenarios and we never thought a yell fest would happen.

Little Bear had an incident with my yarn yesterday morning. I came home
to a pile of yarn poop by the door. A few days before DH caught him
chewing on my baby blanket I was working on for Rolan and he drug the
blanket with him off the couch having severed the yarn. I had no idea he
had ingested around 10-12 inches of yarn and passed it thru and onto my
floor. I can see him in the potty box then running out of it dragging
his yarn poop behind. I felt bad for him at first then I was thankful he
didn't get blocked because of it. It was a lot of yarn and he is a
smaller kitty. He will be a year next month. I need to post photos of
him but he doesn't hold still very long. George was in the bedroom with Chuta and we were playing with string. The baby was locked out so the older cats get a chance to play. George was running and running after the string and I was playing back and
forth. Well he makes a huge leap into the air twisting around to get the
string (he is 15lbs) he reached out and clawed my hand. He caught the
string and I was done playing. It was the same hand bear got.

I finished the baby blanket for a girl at work and started another one
for our friend Rolan who is having a baby in April. It will not be done
for "it's raining babies" party, but hopefully I can ship it out (as
long as Bear doesn't get to it again) in April. I have been toying with
what to make out of my SP13 yarn and I may try the cool scarf pattern
she sent with the teal Baby Silk yarn. I looked at the pattern and I
think I can do it. The scarf is really pretty!! I actually made my first
swatch. I had to take it to knit night last Tuesday. The girls bent it
in half since I knit only on the swatch to count my stitches. They say
knit one side the purl the other makes it easier to count. I asked how
to use it and they explained there was some sort of math then you can
figure out how to adjust your pattern to be the right size. So I
wouldn't have tea cozy hat happen again. They of course said they did
the swatch then frogged it and used that yarn in the knitting. I thought
once you swatched you were stuck with it so I clipped the yarn and I
have my little swatch. They all thought it was fun I actually did it. Of
course I didn't know what to do with it but I did it. :-)

I have to work OT tonight and yes it is with conflict girl. I will be
having a very quiet night. I don't think I will have much fun and I know
I will be stressed. I worked OT on Saturday so no church Sunday. I
wanted to go, but was pretty tired. Last Sunday Pastor Roy asked how
many people wondered if they were doing the will of God. Of course I
nodded. Then he raised his hand and asked again- I raised my hand and no
one else did. He said it was just me and him. Then he told a joke of a
preacher noticing a parishioner sleeping he banged the pulpit and said
anyone going to hell stand up. The guy jerked awake and leaped up. Once
he realized what happened he said "It looks like just you and me
preacher" It was pretty funny. Mom came out to breakfast with us and
came to the early service. It was pretty nice we sung some hymns we've
sang before so we kind of knew them. It is always nicer when you kind of
know them I think.

For Tuesday I told DH we have to see I Love You Man. I really want to
see it. We saw Duplicity last time and a comedy would be nice. Ron is
out again because it is on Tuesday. Eventually DH wants to cut wood for
the computer desk he will be making downstairs. I am sure Ron will be
happy about that :-) He is still thinking about a bobbin holder for
plying and I can't wait to see what he comes up with! The more he thinks
about it, the cooler it will be. I am really proud of his work on the
spinning wheel and can't wait to list a finished product. He did decide
we will not be doing the Renn Faire or WW this year. I will have my trip
to Ireland in June and that is it. No selling anything for a year. It is
so weird not to be planning for it. The van needs to go in to get the
exhaust checked since it is making a loud noise when driven. I have let
it sit for a few weeks and really need to run it around. They say we are
supposed to be in for a winter storm watch today and Tues. Just my luck
the night I am planning on working the weather is going to suck!!!
Tuesday I don't care we can always stay home if it gets too bad, but
Monday night I have to drag my behind out in it. YUCK!!!

Well that is enough for now....

No comments: