Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 6 kilarney/Ring of Kerry-Limrick and Ennis

I guess the first post was 2 days worth so by the tour book, this is day 6.

We left Kilarny and took a 100 mile ride thru the Ring of Kerry. It was really really something. The photos really don't do it justice. The most beautiful land and lakes I have seen. We stopped at Adare and saw the thatched roof cottages. They are made with reeds. When Ireland joined the Common market they wanted to get Ireland prettied up so the tourism would be better. They gave people money for housing and the people mostly tore down the old houses and put up new ones. The new ones are pretty but I really like the old ones. The colors and the doors are gorgeous. The air started working very slowly yesterday and today. It was pretty hot again, so the driver Jim cracked the vents on the top of the bus for a little more air. It worked and the bus was a bit cooler.

We went thru Limrick and saw some Gypsies and their caravan's. Very interesting. We got a quick glimpse of the town and on our way to the hotel in Ennis. We will be passing thru Limrick again on the way out to Dublin tomorrow. There is no dinner tonight so some folks are having to rough it at the restaurant or pub near the hotel. No bus service runs into Ennis so you would need a taxi and it didn't look like too many stores to shop in. I am glad we are doing the banquet.

We got settled in our room then the girls asked if we wanted to go next door to the supermarket. We totally loved it! I got DH something cool. I did find I really like Muesli. I like it dry and have not gotten milk to go with it yet. I really really enjoy it and was told the US has nothing like it. So I hope I don't get too addicted to it.
I hope to post more about the banquet before bed but who knows how late this will be running.

We just got back and it is 10:15 pm. I have had several glasses of mead and everyone knows what mead does. It was super YUMMY!!! Mom tried was not that crazy about it, but they had red and white wine available at the table so she had plenty too. The dinner was great I asked if any of the entertainers were part of Drachenwald and the girl said no. They sang and danced and we all had a great time. It was held at Knappogue Castle. Highly recommended!! We sang songs on the bus on the way home. The Australians are wonderful people, really great. Breakfast is at &am so I had better go. The 1st remove was salmon the second remove was tomato soup and the main course was chicken-potato and veggies. Very Nummy!!

No comments: