4/11 DJ dropped Mittens off and she was our upstairs kitty for the week. She really had a great time and we loved having her. She is a 6 toed black cat and very sweet. We played and played. She is a delight!
4/13 I went to vote and the person I voted for did not win so we shall see who does at the run off. I really don't know who I will vote for until I probably show up and check the name.
4/14 I went with the church to Kids Against Hunger and we packed meals for Haiti. It was really a lot of fun and I would definitely do that again given the chance. Everyone was great to work with and we got the job done with a prayer said over everything we had packed. It was pretty cool!
4/16 at work we celebrated my friend Kim's birthday. We are both doing the "low" carb thing and DH has a recipe for cheeseball that is really yummy and low carb. I made it for her and brought some veggies. We all enjoyed it and got super full. I had cool whip in the freezer so we could have a frozen whipped cream sundae instead of ice cream and it was pretty yummy! Everyone else had angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. I had the strawberries and the whipped cream and it was pretty good. Kim made up this great low carb thing by putting whipped cream in a glass then freezing it. When it is good and cold she puts diet root beer in it and has a root beer float. It really does taste like a float again without the ice cream. She had to leave early to get ready for her retreat at church. She was asked to be a speaker. I signed up for Sweet Like Café at church that was going on later that night. It was all women and Dwana and I got a chance to reconnect so that was really nice. We used to work together and got to talk everyday. I really miss that. Sue signed me up to perform and I signed Dwana up so it was all good. We didn't have speaking roles but pantomimed what Sue was reading. We all were pretty nervous before going on but it turned out great and everyone enjoyed it. I was not able to go on Sat. and Mom said it was a really great morning.
4/17 DH and I drove to Pierre for our anniversary. We showed up to a fencing tournament "Provost Challenge" we got to see Jessica and Travis so that was a treat. We had set up to sell for most of the day, then left to see "Kick Ass" at the Pierre State 123 movie theater. DH was up all night then almost all day so he was pretty crabby. We went to Mad Mary's for supper then back to the hotel for a well needed nap! The next morning we stopped to see what the breakfast choices were and only had coffee. We tried to go to the Country Kitchen hearing they had a breakfast buffet but with no bacon we moved on. Wal-Mart was our final stop and we grabbed some cheese and pork rinds for a snack and got out of town. We arrived at Al's Oasis in Chamberlain and had the buffet there. It was pretty yummy! We went shopping and bummed around before getting back on the road. Closer to town DH wanted to stop at Cowboy town. We drove up to the trailer and went it buying post cards. The guy said it was a walking tour and it cost money. DH and I decided no way we got back in the van and made it home. We unloaded and caught up on TV and again headed to bed after a long day.
4/18 Is my friend at work Kim's Birthday-Happy Birthday!!
4/19 Some of the Women on Track girls served at the Banquet again since the people they had lined up backed out so the Banquet "angels" covered the morning shift. I got rebuked by 1 guy and hit on by another, I was taking tokens and smiling and a buy with a backpack yelled at me that "he doesn't know me and will not touch me" Of course I said oh that is okay and handed him the bucket so he could just drop the token in. No problem no need to get soo excited but whatever. The other guy hits on all the girls, he put his hand on my wedding band then asked if I was married. Really? Well needless to say that was an exciting morning. After the Banquet I went over to get my cholesterol check at the Dr's office so no food or drink after midnight. It was tough smelling the food and coffee knowing I can't have any, so I made up for it at work drinking a ton of coffee!!
4/21 I got invited to Mom's retirement banquet. It was very nice to meet all the teachers from her school that she chats with. I had a great time and she did too. This was also Meg's birthday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGS!!
4/22 DJ and I went to Lovely Nails after work. I had set up an appointment for 5:30 since Monday. We got there early like we normally do and I saw 2 chairs open, I went to the bathroom and came out and the 2 girls that were sitting on the couch were in those chairs. The owner came over and said they were running about 15min late. No problem we went out and exchanged prezzies. THANKS DJ!!!! We went back in and they were not even close to being done. A girl came in again with no appointment and the owner came over to ask if we were getting our pedi's together. I said "you know what? We are done, we will cancel our appointment and just go out for a longer dinner instead." and we walked out. When we got outside I had to clarify with DJ that she was totally asking me for a walk in to go ahead of us again. DJ confirmed that is exactly what was going on. No birthday pedi for me. I don't know if I will go back there again or not. I am really disappointed. It was for my birthday after all and I did make an appointment which should be before anyone walking in. Right?!?!?!? Well we headed over to the diner on Phillips and had a great supper then walked over to Fat Daddy's comedy club underneath Lucky's pool hall, DJ won free tickets so we went. There were 6 of us so a pretty small crowd. The opening act was a local guy and he was really really funny! I laughed pretty hard. The middle guy was pretty funny it took a bit to get some of his comedy but I still laughed. The headliner decided to phone it in since there was 6 people. It said he was on Bob and Tom but DJ had never heard of him when I recounted the events later. He was kind of funny and there was more banter than actual act. It was very different and not at all what I expected. I am sure his act is funny but we really didn't get to see a whole lot of that. Again a little disappointed. Maybe I am just really hard to please? I guess I really need to pray and focus on that part since I totally need more help with my short temper! I am not as far with that as I would like to be. I did not blow up and anyone, but I was still super angry and that is bad. I am not were I need to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be! (Joyce Meyer)
Tonight is Coffea so we shall see how that goes, I know way better because it is just my friends that are involved very little outside influences so I have a feeling I will be just fine!
