The Banquet was a pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed it! The people were friendly and warm and just down on their luck. Any of us could easily be in their spot. DH gave the opening prayer, he did a really good job. I served the food until Bonnie shooed me away to eat, then I switched out with DH and he got to eat while I served coffee and water with the optional sugar or sweetener packet and salt & pepper. When he was finished I went back into the kitchen to spell the runner for the kitchen. I really liked it, the food and company was really good! Wes was there and he has served before so I was not as nervous. We both signed up to go back 4/19. The group they had canceled last minute so many of us signed up again. I won't be able to eat though because I have to go get my cholesterol checked that morning before work.
We finished up and I signed up for 4/19. DH said he was okay and didn't need to sign up for that day. I went off to my Doctor's appointment for my annual physical. I checked out okay-low blood pressure-YAY! She wanted to check my cholesterol so that is a lab visit sometime this month. She also renewed my flonaze prescription so that will help with sinus infections.
I got home and DH and I went off to Hot Tub Time Machine. DH said it was deeper than the name suggests. I really enjoyed it even though parts were a little gross. Overall it was a really good movie. We went over to Goodwill and I got 3 pairs of pants to fit the slimmer me. I wore a pair of pants I had not put on in 3 weeks and they are soooo baggy. They have a drawstring waist so they stay up but they hang off me. I need to take them back to Goodwill where I found them when I first started working days. I think I have dropped about 20 lbs so that is nice so far….. DH is happy with his 2 week progress too.
I make sure to get to Sam's Club and get meat so he has something to heat up with his veggies. I have tried to pack fun things in his lunch or have them available in the fridge. He wants to get a type of blender to make sugar free smoothies. I think that sounds tasty so well will have to see how it goes. We do need to walk more but since I walk at my lunch hour I don't really feel like it when I get home. We shall see about maybe walking a little this Saturday.
DJ is bringing Mittens her 6 toed cat this Saturday for a week long visit! YAY!!!! DH is so excited to have her for a while. They are going to the hills for about a week in their time share. I need to get out there at some point with the girls for a nice weekend. See Rita's store and all the sites with no boys to spoil it. Mittens gets so spoiled at our house
The boys are not available right now. Their Mom went into surgery yesterday for her back. I know they will be at the hospital visiting her. She will be there about a week then home to recover. I think we may take them supper or figure out something to do. I am planning on sending her flowers Monday when I get paid. I really think she will like that. I hope her back is better after the surgery-there is a chance she could be worse. We shall have to keep praying for His will and see what happens. After all who are we to understand His ways.
My Mom-In-Law gave me the one year chronological Bible. I have been keeping up with it and really enjoy seeing how things actually happened in order. I really had no idea how all the events and stories were related to the time frame. It is very enlightening to say the least. I have a greater understanding of the Bible and with that comes appreciation for it too. It really makes reading it a more fulfilling experience. I have read thru the Bible in a year before and read different chapters but this puts it all together in a timeline I can understand. I recommend this Bible for those who have read thru it all before and may not be sure what else the Bible has to offer. Give it a try and see what this view might open up.
