Wednesday, May 5, 2010

4/23-4/30

4/23 Coffea went wonderfully, the three of us got together for a little bit. Sometimes that is all you need. Your friends around for a little bit to make the rest of the week go better.


4/24 spent the day with DH running around doing errands. Got some TV watched.


4/25 Went up to Brookings not enough people around to really un pack any merchandise. Had fun hanging out for a bit, DH brought the leather catalog so we could talk about his order. Left in search of Mike. Found his house but he was not home. Ran around Volga for a bit then headed back to Brookings. Got some pants at the Goodwill and had a great time at the Wal-Mart. They have a huge sugar free candy section. YUM! Stopped off at Flandreau on the way home to grab money from the birthday booth. I got $5 and DH got $1. He kept grabbing for the big money and only getting ones. We of course spent it there and left on our way home. Met Mom at Timberlodge for some yummy pork and DH had steak. YUM! Thanks Mom!! It was in all a pretty good birthday, except for not seeing Mike.


4/26 Got my teeth cleaned and x-rays taken it all looks good! I do have some gum recession that is causing some cold discomfort but hopefully with sensitive toothpaste that will stop the pain.


4/27 Ran all over and did not get a chance to vote. I was unable to get to the polls before 7pm. Oh well the guy I would have voted for won anyway so I guess that works.


4/29 got the oil changed and my headlight fixed on the car. They say my coolant is dirty and needs to be flushed, I will have to make an appointment for that and my brakes and shocks to get looked at. This year was really bad for pot holes and I think they need to be replaced. The van needs to go in for an oil change too. It really runs good when we have taken it on our trips so far. I forget how to drive it and then remember it takes longer to stop and up hill I need to shift in a lower gear sometimes. I was copying some CD's so I can have a copy and watching Castle until bed time.


4/30 Misty Glen is tonight and knit night. I have my knitting in the car and only need to get bread, tea, sugar and butter for us to munch on. I have been listening to Joyce Meyer on CD and really like her teaching. I listened to a few of her series this week and decided to finally fill out the compassionate Care Hospice form I picked up from church. I have had it for a few months and have read and re-read it. I really feel like I am being led in this direction, for what I don't know but I am sure whatever it is I will really grow because of it. I am totally outside my box here! The banquet really started me to realize I needed to do this. I have got a meeting scheduled with Brenda H. who is the volunteer coordinator for Thursday. She said after that we will get together and take a test and talk some more then figure out where I need to be. I am really trying to be open and let her place me where she needs someone. I told her I am by Good Samaritan Village assisted living center. With no Grandma's of my own any more I hope I can adopt some. I found out my 6th grade teacher is there and I really need to make sure to stop in and visit. She is one of my favorites, she came to my wedding. I know I would like to help with the packets and any office work but I have a deep feeling this is not where I am supposed to be-that would be too easy. I am a vessel and continue to try and do His will and good works. Please pray for me thru this uncomfortable time I am going thru not stopping but continuing to move thru this.


On another note, I received the pedometer we ordered as part of our "steps" program. I try to put it on in the morning and log the steps at night online to keep track of how many I take and how I can improve.


I got my cholesterol 172 (>200) Triglycerides 44 (<150) HDL good cholesterol 47 (>40) and LDL bad cholesterol 116 (<130 goal) Sodium 138 Calcium 9.0 Hemoglobin 14.4 everything is really good EXCEPT my Blood Sugar is mildly pre diabetic at 104. I have had no sugar for almost 2 1/2 months at the point of this test. I would have hated to see what it was when I was eating sugar all the time!!!!! My grandfather died of diabetes so I need to take care and watch it. It was one of the reasons I decided to do kind of Atkins low carb. I think it will continue to come down as I stay the course. I really feel good and feel full. I am eating better than I was and way less processed foods. I am really trying to make this a life style change and so far no problems. DH is also finding he is pretty happy on this program too. I can't wait to see how skinny we are by WW in July! WOOT!!!


I have also been giving thought to prayer as I go along this journey and I am trying to figure out how to pray for everyone and everything I feel I need to pray for. I was asking for the gift of tongues but then do I want it for the right reasons. Well there you go…. I am trying to pray for the positive not about the negative. That is one change I am trying. I was thinking about spiritual gifts and praying for them. One thing is to have scripture to back up your prayers and that is kind of in the old testament. They continually mentioned things over and over to back up the point they are trying to get across including God. These are new things I am thinking of trying in my prayer life. Since I am continuing to grow I think that does as well. Anyone have any other ideas on how to grow my prayer life?