Tuesday was Mom's retirement party! YAY!!! It went pretty well and I got to re-meet all her friends and co workers. They had cake, fruit and punch. I got to take a good look at all of her plants she doesn't want to take home with her. I told her I would take some and find a home for the others. My friend Kim at work wanted larger plants and these are all 6 years old. I found out later they are all from either Dad or Grandma's funeral. I wanted 2 of them and she will take the rest. One is a huge mother in law tongue, I did not realize they got that big! Kim is aware that they are from funerals and she promises to take good care of them. I can't fit them all in my house with all the plants I already have so some would probably die over the summer since no one waters them and Mom won't be there next year. This is really the best solution.
I took my test with Brenda Thursday and it went very well. They are open book but it is a continuing education type of thing. I hope to go to the seminar on Grief coming up. I think that will help me with my patient. I meet with Brenda again this week Thursday to meet my patient so that will be exciting. I need to work on happy thoughts shawls for the people in this ministry and the patients so anyone wanting to donate shawls or wraps they have made let me know! Prayer shawls are good too, I just make happy thought ones faster since I don't have to concentrate on the prayer part the whole time. I plan on getting them blessed before giving them out too.
Friday night I stayed home hoping to get some work done this weekend. I started laundry and messed around with emails and facebook. Around 10pm I made chicken and realized both kitties were by me but the third one was not. I called and called for him, my stomach sinking because I realized he was gone. I had opened the window further to let in more air since it was stuffy. He escaped out the hole in the screen. I didn't call DH at work because there was nothing to be done until possibly morning. So I walked around the neighborhood shaking kitty treats and calling for him over and over. I heard nothing no meow nothing. I cried and cried, I gave him up to God asking for his will be done. I tried to sleep finally I got a nap in around midnight. 4am I woke up and walked around outside again shaking treats and calling for him and drove around looking for him or what was left of him-I found nothing. I went back to sleep and at 7:20 I was up again and DH was home so I had to tell him what happened and I cried some more.
Saturday we went out for breakfast and had nasty eggs, we stopped off at the Master Gardener's sale at the fairgrounds and found nothing we really wanted. I got a Johnny Jump Up for free. It is pretty sad but I will plant him so we shall see what he becomes. We went to Robin Hood and I really don't know what the critics were so upset about. I found the acting believable the costumes were nice. I am glad I went and didn't listen to them! We got home and again we talked about Bear and called for him. The neighbor said he was in their garage Friday night. I was heartbroken and again gave him back to God his will be done. I really have to stop taking back what I have given up. It is really hard to work on that one!!!
Sunday we have all the kitties in the bedroom with food sitting out for Bear. DH gets up and finds Michu hissing at the window and an empty food dish. Somehow she had gotten out in the middle of the night. DH saw Bear outside. He went outside called for him, then came in and woke me up. I got her in the bedroom with George, put more food in the food dish and rattled it around at the window calling for him while DH was outside. I didn't hear him calling for Bear so I grabbed kitty treats and headed out myself. DH was in the front of the house and I went around back and there he was in the rocks in the back of the house. I called for him and shook the treats he looked at me. I sat down in the wet grass and called him with a kitty treat out. He came to me. I grabbed him and yelled for DH we took him inside. He smelled like oil and gasoline and he was filthy. We brought him into the bedroom and shooed out all the other cats. I heaped food in his food dish and got fresh water. We pet him and talked to him, cried and laughed. He was back. He was sooo hungry! I didn't have any pet shampoo since we have cats they don't get bathed since they are inside and don't get dirty just walking around.
We laid back down for a little more sleep with just him and got up to get ready for church. DH was already up and bear was meowing at the door so I let George in first to greet him. Bear didn't hiss, a good sign. Then we let michu in and he hissed a little at her but overall was good. I called them all for food and put it down like I always did, so for us we tried to make it like it was a dream and everything was back on schedule. He seemed to do better after that. We went off to church and Roy gave another great sermon. I will really miss him when he is gone in June!
We got back home after church and lunch with Mom. We watched some TV shows then I went out and planted our garden. I took George outside and gave him his summer cut. He looks so bad-like his Mom cut his hair (ha-ha) He will at least be cooler and not have so many mats. The came Bear's bath time! I got into the tub with shorts and a t-shirt knowing this was going to be a mess. DH came in to help out with the soaping since he was so dirty. We got him rinsed off and DH toweled him mostly dry. We all went into the bedroom to brush both the boys and have play time. Bear shivered so DH wrapped him up in the fur blanket and we held him in the living room while watching TV. Eventually I let him go and he was much dryer. He laid by the computer chair and I got up grabbed him, put him by me. A little later he moved back by the chair. We all piled into bed way late after we watched Survivor. We will watch the rest of it but I wanted to see who won.
Monday- this morning we got up like usual and everyone had breakfast so that was pretty normal. I got dressed and checked email. I started to brush my hair and Bear jumped up into my lap for brushes. He has never done that before! He was so cute! I brushed me then him. I told DH he needed to get Bear over by him so I could finish brushing my hair and get ready for work. Well, that didn't work really well-he kept coming back to me. I must have a better brush. I went upstairs for my breakfast and he sat at the gate and meowed for me. Another thing he usually doesn’t do. I tossed down some kitty treats and had to leave for work.
I wish I had gotten more done this weekend but I was pretty depressed about the baby Bear.
