Penelope has been allowed in the general population for awhile now. Little Bear just loves her dearly! They play and run together. George is now the upstairs kitty since he is next in line in age to possibly die. He caught a bit of a cold and had to stay upstairs which he was not super happy about. Penelope likes to smack at him so I keep him mainly upstairs. She is still getting medication for her ringworm until it is out. Bear had a patch under his chin but that looks more like Penny bit him and scraped the fur off. There was a spot on his leg too but they have both healed up and the fur is back making me think it is not ringworm.
Work has been great, I work 6 days a week for the most part. Not a full 48 hours but close. My pay with those extra hours is almost what I was making at the railroad just before I left with being gone for John. It is very nice! DH works Saturdays too so that is not bad. Having only 1 day off however kind of sucks but overall the pluses are more than the minuses. I really like what I do there. I like the people I work with and the hours.
DH is still having his leg wrapped for lymphadema and that will probably be for the rest of his life. I was hoping for a stocking but he says they hurt his leg. It might be because the stocking is too small and it is the largest one we can buy. There is not much time that he is not wrapped up. His job sucks but he is hoping to get a different schedule and that might make his week easier. We will see. His hospital bills are still piling up so that sucks. His high blood pressure is hereditary says the specialist. DUH says DH-he told them that when he first talked to her. We still have unsalted butter and I try to get low sodium as often as I can. He is better about watching for that now. That will also probably be for the rest of his life.
The furnace was acting up and DH started the research to fix it. We will eventually need a new furnace and air conditioner but not right now. We just got a ton of work done on the car. He fixed part of it but the fan was running almost constantly. I guess last night after I went to bed he figured out what else it could be. I woke up to silence and realized it wasn't running. YAY DH!!!
I was not going to work on another prayer shawl anytime soon but it is funny how things change when you ask Him what you should do. Prayer shawls are every stitch you make is a prayer. I use breath prayers for each one and usually pray something a little longer at the end of my row. The yarn, length what is said while making it is all Spirit led. I usually know who I am making it for when I start. There was one I was told to make out of fisherman's wool it was beautiful and warm but I had no clue who it was for at the time. Much later I met the girl who was to get it. I am truly blessed that He calls me to do this ministry. Lately my dear friend Rita that I have known forever. Was diagnosed with chronic myologenous leukemia. I prayed about possibly making a shawl for her and was answered almost immediately. I had no idea what yarn to use so I started going thru my stash and praying. I came across a trash bag full of blue fuzzy yarn that my girlfriend has gotten at a garage sale years ago for me. I of course put it in my stash not knowing what to do with it. I opened it took one look an knew this was for her. While making it I called it my muppet prayer shawl because of how fuzzy it was. The length just came to me as a I started it. I just kept going until it felt right. I wanted it to be long enough to wrap around her and engulf her with God's love. And that is what it turned out to be. I kept praying and stitching even thru my sinus infection sensing a push to get it done ASAP and out the door. I am hoping so it would be received when it was most needed. I had to put it outside to air out after spraying it with lysol so my infection did not continue to her house. I knew her immune system was probably compromised due to her illness. It was a gorgeous day and the shawl was wonderfully warm when I put it in the ziplock bag I bought just for the shawl. I was a super sized Halloween bag I guess for treats. It was the perfect size for the shawl with a little room. I then put it in the back of the car so no cats or sickness could touch it and waited until I had time to contact the priest. My friend is catholic and the perfect thing to do is get it blessed. Can't hurt for sure! I finally was up early enough to head over if the Father was in and he was. The office girls and he loved the feel of the shawl. They were very intrigued about what it was and how I made it. He went to get the holy water and said a prayer while splashing the shawl. A little fell on the desk so I moved the shawl to sop it all up. The next day I had an appointment with my pastor to also bless the shawl. I had Roy do a few and bless a few baby blankets as well. Dean is new and he has had 2 so far. It tied in with his service that Sunday but by then the shawl was already at her home. Thursday night after work I packed it up along with a note and dropped it off in the mail. 1 more complete! I was starting a scarf and have continued with the prayers in every stitch. I am not sure how far into it that I will stop. I feel the urge to make another one but I am not sure why or for whom. I guess my want really has nothing to do with His want. I need to just buck up and make a few shawls.
That is about all that is going on right now in my life. Pretty quiet not a whole lot going on.
