Saturday, October 6, 2007

MY DRYER IS FIXED!!!

MY DRYER IS FIXED!!! My Darling Husband totally got it taken care of for $30 total for parts no labor of course. John got the heating element and installed it with a new hose to outside. The old one fell apart when we moved it. Of course I had not moved the dryer in the years we have lived there and it was nasty!! I washed my comforter with takes usually 2 times thru on high 60 min and put it in the dryer for 1 60 min shot and started another load. Of course I had to leave for work right away so hopefully I will have a home to go to. LOL!!! No John does wonderful work!!! He went to school for this kind of stuff so…
Tuesday John & I got to meet with Megs it was fun! I gave her all the wool I bought quite awhile ago from Rothgar. I have no idea how many years it has been. Megs volunteered to process it and card it up for me. How wonderful!!! I was getting to the point of looking into sending it out for processing. John said it made his wood stink. I had to do something about it and with a spinning wheel, and my foot getting a little better, I wanted to have some wool to spin. I have a huge sack full from Australia I had shipped to me forever ago and have used very little of it. Of course it is grey and not in batts or roving just a big clump of wool. The person I bought my wheel from sent some wonderful roving I have been playing with a bit. I hope to get spinning next week maybe.
Mom is out of town for a bit. She went to MO with her sister for a week. What a bum!!! She deserves it!! I bet with the leaves starting to change it will be a beautiful drive. I just hope they get some of the warmer weather there too. We are supposed to be hot today and cold again on Sunday. I need to check my peppers in my garden and bring them in today. Then I will pull up the plants and toss them since there is no way to keep them. My Mums are not doing well. My friend said to cut them way back and only 1 small plant came back. I had 5 huge golden bushes of mums. I think next year I will see if they come back and if not buy some bushes from Sam's or some other place in different colors. They bloomed quite late in the season and kept their nice blossoms into November.
I have another chance at a train trip 10/17 after that it might be too cold and I would wait until spring. I am not riding to Huron in the snow to ride on a cold train. Sorry no way! There is still no real info on the take over. I hope we stay here. I am sure I will find another job if we don't.
I got my halloween cards I just have to get them addressed and mailed out. Stamps are outrageous! I went to the machine so I would not have to have ugly flag ones. Instead I had to get uglier bell stamps! I can get some ready to go and send out. The cards are way cute!
John made some great Quesadillas the other day with feta cheese and spinach with a little chicken. We have a Quesadilla maker and they absolutely rock!!! It is neat to try something different than mixed cheese chicken and tortillas. John came up with this great idea and they were fantastic.
John also fixed my favorite coffee grinder. I bought a new one and it doesn't work the way I am used to. Instead of messing with it right now, John put a switch in the old one so instead of pushing down I just press in on a button on it's side after I close the lid. It will run whether or not I have the lid on so that is something I will have to make sure and remember. I will probably use it tonight since I have to stay up for church Sunday.
John's mom finally got into her new house and is still getting settled. She had foot surgery just before going back to school and was recovering from that and still is on top of moving. The new house is wonderful and big. I can't wait for her to bring photos when she visits in Dec. Unfortunately the spare room is being taken over by plants this winter. My friend is remodeling her house and they have to heat this winter, so I volunteered my room for some plants. I also had my own plants of course. I will need to try to rearrange them before she comes. I am not sure where I will put all of them, but I am sure they will go somewhere.
My dryer rocks!! It dried the comforter in one go!!! I can't believe it. John is soo good!The next project will probably be a proper bed. I would like one of those design show headboards. Wood covered with fabric and fiber fill stapled down and screwed into the wall. Ok my load of laundry is done off to put it in the dryer!!!YAY!!!!

No comments: