Friday, October 19, 2007

Wounds

I have not gone thru my shoes yet. My sandals are still sitting by the door. I do not know when I will have time for this.
Wed John took the day off for working on Sunday 10/14. So we get to spend the whole day together while I still try and get all my chores done. Wed morning we will be going to Home Depot for wood for the huge project this weekend. I hope Mike is ready!!! Home Depot will need to cut our wood with all the rain here. Nasty!!! We will need to get rid of what is in the back of the van (stock tables etc etc) to make room for all the wood. A new King size bed it quite an undertaking! I will be staying at my mom’s house in the spare room Saturday. She gets to go to a conference so that will be cool.

John got the job decline notice Sunday. They apparently found someone better qualified-blah blah blah—you know the normal garbage. He wants to know if they will be possibly posting something in the future. He would like evenings or overnights and I think this one was for a day job.

I was mowing the yard last week and I got to the back yard and was whipping along not paying attention. I saw a branch sticking out into where I was mowing and I did not look to see what it was attached to. I turned out to be the rose bush. I turned my head but a thorn still got imbedded into the tip of my nose. I reached up thru the searing pain and pulled out a ¾ inch piece of wood. Luckily I had on an old sweatshirt so I still mowed dabbing the end of my nose on the sleeve of my shirt. It was pretty messy by the time I was done. But the bleeding had stopped for the most part. It really looked bad. A nice scab. It is healing nicely and I really refuse to put make up on it because it looks worse when you try to cover it up.

Sunday I put some leaves that had been sitting since last fall on my garden and spreading around the moldy nasty stuff. I somehow cut my finger in the process. I poured some rubbing alcohol over it and thought it was good for awhile until I had time to peroxide it. Well Monday night at work I put some salve and a knuckle bandage over it hoping to help it since it hurt. Well when I got home Tuesday morning it was hot and reddish. I got some peroxide and got started. While the scab softened I got more and more bubbles. When I squeezed some blood out and put peroxide on it the blood bubbled more than just on top of the scab. NASTY!!!!! I will put more on it today after we go to Home Depot and hopefully get it back on track and healing properly.

I broke down and got 4 mum plants from Wal-Mart Sunday and planted them after church this was before the leaves. They really look nice and I hope they can survive the winter. I got all 4 different colors. I hope they turn into the bushes I once had. I have not had a chance to really look out the window and see since I planted them.

Megs and Jaime came out to BW3’s with us and I got some of my processed wool!! She said there was quite a bit of nice stuff and of course some not so nice stuff. I was delighted!!! It is soo soft and smells wonderful! I will have to get some more lavender to put with it until I can get it spun up. The free wool from New Zealand had some lanolin left in it so that was different to spin. I can’t wait to get started and get spinning!!!! I am sure it will still be awhile since I am trying to organize more. I have no idea where to put this wool.

I still have to clean up my side of the bed for the boys to get their work done Saturday on top of all the other junk I am planning on doing Wed. it should be a fun day!!! I will keep everyone posted.

No comments: