Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween status

Halloween was great!! We got about 65 kids. They just about all got regular size candy bars. We wanted to give out King Size but Sam’s club did not have a very good selection. If you came to my door in a costume huge candy was your reward. If you came to my door in a T-shirt that says “this is my costume” or sweatshirt and jeans you got a small peppermint patty that was orange in the middle for Halloween. I only had to peppermint patty 10 kids. They were very sad looking and did not take any effort. One group got 3 full size then 3 peppermint patties then 2 more full size. That was how they all showed up on my porch. They didn’t say anything and I figure I am the one paying for the candy I can have what ever rules I want. I did still give them something. Last year we had some teenage boys that wanted more than 1 King size candy bar so they sat on the bench and we heard them outside saying they would not leave until they got more candy. 1 kid was kicking the bench, so John went outside and they left pretty quickly. After that I thought well, we could have some small candy for those who don’t try. Next year we both work so we won’t be home for it.

I still have had no time to spin anything and my CSI’s are backing up. I need a new tape to tape the new shows. I am also taping Queer Eye since this is their last season. DJ wants a copy so I figure she can watch it first then I can when she returns it. She has 3 channels so she needs something to watch more than I do.

Happy time change!! I had to work so it is not as big of a deal since I was sitting here working when the clock changed back. We just had to deal with all the other people that are affected. The guys were not sure what was going on when they got woken up so we were very clear on what time it is now and what time they had to go on duty. They finally got it, but it did take awhile.

I am still eating the Halloween swap candy! Yum!! I even made some coffee for tonight to help me stay awake and then we have church in the morning. YAY!!! I have to work over time Monday 11/5 but I get both Tuesday and Wednesday off this week, Next week however I have to work both nights 4 hours 0200-0600. That is more money to pay for the vet.


Oh George went to the vet for his annual check up and he went dressed as a pirate! How cute!!! The vet said she has never had anyone dress up for an appointment. Now George is a cat and I would have thought a dog would have done it a long time ago but who knows. George is fine I have to get the results of this blood work. Michu is totally back to normal! She ate a little too fast the other day and threw it right up like she would normally do before she got sick. Her color returned in her mouth and nose, the ears are slowly coming back to pink. She eats quite a bit and I have seen her drink her water so no more sub-Q’s or nausea shots. YAY!!!! John was the one who had to stick the needle in her not me but still… We dressed her up in the costume too and posted photos to photo bucket check calllie creates 2 on the side bar then click on the left side of the screen to see the Halloween swap-the kitties are in their too, SCA photos and spinning stuff. I want to put more out there but that will take time and John is not too tolerant of me sitting for hours messing around with it instead of spending time with him. Go figure!!

DJ dropped off a plant that is a Mediterranean plant for seasoning. I will put it with all my other herbs in the spare room. The Marjoram and Sage have gone a bit nuts and are growing weedy on top. I need to trim them up; the basil is getting stick like and still smells wonderful when I brush against it. In the spring I will probably replant the new one in a nice container. I still need to move my orchids that were rescued from Wal-Mart to the spare room too. I tried to start the furnace for the first time and got cold air blowing. I asked John to look at it before work and sure enough the pilot light had blown out. We will have to get it re-lit and running for the colder days ahead. It still was not too bad but you can tell it is getting colder!

I got a new sock book from EBay “Knitting circles around socks” by Antje Gillingham Knit two at a time on circular needles. It is very interesting and takes me that much close to actually making a sock. Here’s to hoping! I really want to make socks but need to be babysat thru each step. I am sure if I really sat down again I might muddle thru it. Swatch or no swatch, that is the question. The sock yarn I have is spendy and how much does one need per sock and how much is left to swatch with? These are my questions!! Who knows! I would hat to have to frog it to finish a sock after it had been washed and dried and the rest of the sock had not. These are my fears. I guess I should just jump in…maybe when I have more time.

I got laundry done Halloween and that is it. We gave out the candy then basically went back to bed because we got up early and didn’t get as much sleep as we both needed. After we got up we had TV to catch up on and supper to make. It was a nice night in all but nothing accomplished for my big day off. Next week I will have to do way more than usual since I am soo far behind, and the week after I have to work part of the night. Oh well.

No comments: