Well I am part way thru my 12 hour day and so far it is not too bad. Monday I work my normal shift then Tuesday 1400-2200. Yikes!!!! I am sure I will make it thru but no sleep sucks! Especially working with stuff you are not that used to. Maybe it will be slowest day yet. Well enough about all that it will be over before I know it and on to the next bit of OT for the next week.
Wednesday I made an appointment at Pro Nails for DJ's birthday pedicure. I badly need one and I am sure she does too. I do not know where we will end up eating yet. I was thinking Foleys or Granite City. I already gave most of the presents but I still have a few left. OPI has some new colors that are sweet!! I have a coupon for buy one get one free for OPI at JC Pennys. I have not been to Pennys in I don't know how long but I will have to try to make it Wed during the day. I hope to have something cute by Wed night. Normally we wear sandals and shorts but Wed will be pretty chilly. I may wear sandals just because we will be in and out of the cold pretty fast I would think.
Wednesday 11/10 I finally had time to go thru my bookcase and books. There are several I will need to put on EBay when I have a minute. I as an almost 40 year old decided to let my Dand D books go. Yes, I know it is a pretty big deal but I think it may be time. I do not think I will find a great group to game with and I am pretty picky about my DM's. Now I am not sure how much money I will get out of them. I need to do some research to see what they go for if anything. I kept them because they were sentimental if nothing else. I still have my character sheets and will probably always keep them since they are my characters and all. I may put my dice up for a lot auction since I have so many. It still sits on my kitchen table. The same one we gamed at I don't remember how many times.
John said he is going to work on the garage tonight while I am at work so we can get someone to come and fix the broken spring. If he gets pretty far I will call today and see if they can't come out on Wed while I am off. It would be nice to get it fixed before the snow flies! I need to go thru books in the garage too if I can get to them. I am glad I unloaded the van before it broke so most of the stock is in there. John had pointed out the other day we need to clean the gutter. I of course heard him but paid no attention since it is dark when I get home and dark when I leave. Well, today we went to Wal-Mart then to IHop for pumpkin pancakes-YUM!!!! We were leaving the house and I looked up and WOW!!!! The gutter has gold poking out of the top. We need to get the ladder from under the deck in the back yard and see what it is like. John will have to hold while I scoop. Yuck! I have gloves but they will get all mushy so I am thinking of a big spoon or something to fling out the muck. I know in the end I will just use my hands.
After I went thru my books and watched my tape full of CSI. Took care of the laundry and dishes. I organized my free patterns from Wal-Mart and the like for crochet or knitting. I 3 hole punched them and put them in a binder with hole protectors. Very nice and spiffy now! I actually took time to get on my wheel and spin a bit. I did it bare footed and the wheel at times would just stop dead when I was going slow. I am sure I need to oil the rod before I put the bobbin on since I spin fast. It makes a nice racket and I can't tell if it is the wheel or bobbin until I look down and see my bobbin rattle. I really like my wheel and am coming along quite nicely as far as spinning it goes. I am still trying to get down the stopping changing hook then starting the same what again and keeping the wheel going. If I am not fast enough it takes a few times before it turns to the right. I don't know if that is a common problem or just a new user problem. I am still trying to figure out if I am doing everything right. The only way I guess is to go to a spin in. Or an SCA event where wheels will be. J I got 1/3 of my wool back from Megs who is my wool processor and it is wonderful!! I rolled them into little rolags and put lavender sachets with them. I got them from EBay. They are the cutest!!! I already bought a smaller package and they worked so well. My wool stash is growing so I figured it would be a great idea to get more just in case I get any moths. You never know! I put a few in all my containers and bags of wool and yarn.
I moved all my orchids to the spare room so that was nice. I hope they don't get too cold right there, but they will have a lot of sunshine. The other ones seem ok. My herbs are still growing like crazy. DJ's hibiscus is blooming nice pink blossoms. Mine is continuing to grow but no blossoms yet. I have no idea how she is going to get it out of the spare room and downstairs when spring comes. It is very pretty though. I opened the vent and am trying to keep the door shut as much as possible. KiKa likes to go in there and lay on the bed in the sun. I don't blame her and as old as she is any little thing I can do to make her happy I try to do. But I would like to keep as much heat in as possible. I have a heat pad for plants I may put under them as much as possible by the window. I still want to hand the spider plant but it is pretty heave and John is not sure if there is a stud in the middle of the window or not.
Well enough pondering for now.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment