Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Device Woes

Well tuesday was pretty much a stay at home because it was too cold to go out anywhere. I of course did venture out but I had to get stamps for taxes for WI, MN and SD. They still need to know what we made if anything. John surprised me by making a knife sheath for my Girkha knife he found on EBay. It fits perfectly and is beautiful!!!! If you are making the trek to Hertzkrieg http://www.usd.edu/orgs/socrean/events/Hertz14.htmyou can see me wear it there. It is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to wear it!! I got a huge hiccup in my registering my device Tuesday tool. Apparently a Barony has registered something similar for an award they have from out east. (http://www.bbm.eastkingdom.org/)Theirs is Per fess azure and vert, in canton a bezant. for Order of the Sun and Soil. Our dutiful Herald Reinholdt is helping me with this in my time of dire straits! I have had my device for over 10 years. I thought of it when John made me a favor at Pennsic and thought it would be neat because those 3 colors really look good on me and I wanted something simple to reproduce for my Heraldry. SUCK!!!!!! My device that I am trying to have is Blazon: Per bend sinister azure and vert, in canton a benzant.OF course our wonderful Herald Reinholdt is assuring me all is not lost and with a letter of ok from the Barony I can try to continue on with my device. It takes about 30 days for them to bring it up at one meeting then vote the next meeting. I got in for the Jan bring it up so far. Toward the end of Feb it will be up for discussion and a vote. I have no idea what changes to make since this was all I have ever wanted. I really have to depend on Compass Herald Reinholdt to not steer me wrong. John of course is tired of the whole thing already and does not want any further discussion on it until things get sorted out. "" He is of course inconvenienced by this delay, because he was going to surprise me with a heraldic knife sheath for my other 2 really cool knives. I got the email about the delay in enough time before he actually cut the leather. So that sucks too!!!! I have sewn a hanger by hand with my device, luckily, I was told before I started work on a lap blanket, sideless surcoat, basket cover, and couched hanger, card woven belt and inkle woven belt. These are all things that I have wanted to do with my colors for quite awhile but never got to doing them since the device was not registered. I have sock class tonight and want to try and get there around 6pm. We will see how that finished up! I got some great viking dresses. They look awesome!!! Now I just have to make a treasure necklace and a brownish viking apron and another cool hat. I have an awful lot of stuff that I have been thinking of doing and not quite getting there so far. I am getting closer to wrapping my head around how to make them but have not gotten off my behind to actually do it. I did some more knitting on my sock and John has not found a way for me to download it to the computer. I am still working on getting some photos up.
Whine and my wish is answered!! YAY!!! John told me where the adaptor is so I can upload some photos. YAY!!! I have to go play with pictures now.

1 comment:

Amy V. said...

Crossing my fingers for you on the device issue. I remember getting mine to be the way I wanted and to pass was a pain.

See you tonight!