Work has been really crazy with extra stuff to do. I am getting faster at a new report that has to be done by 5am. Tuesday John and I had a great quiet night. I got to sleep in and we watched TV and talked. I had a blast Wed night! I met with Ruth and Megs at Black Sheep Coffee. I thought they burned their beans so I have not went back since they changed their name. Well I was pleasantly surprised with the coffee drink I ordered! I also got a mug for my Caffeine Swap partner. Too Cool!!! I got some coffee and ordered some yarn. We talked about everything and got caught up on what was happening with everyone. I had to go to the mall afterwards in search of a specific earring. Well I walked every inch of the place and they no longer carry my earrings. I will have to search EBay more thoroughly. I didn’t buy a whole lot even though I looked at almost every shop. I got some birthday stuff and Christmas stuff. I spent the most money at Sears of all places. I was pretty happy about how the night went. Of course this meant missing Lent service, but I was not into being social. I just wanted to shop alone and go home and veg out. Which I did, and was quite happy.
I had to go to the DR Friday. I called and was told my DR no longer practiced medicine. I was really un-prepared for this whole new experience. I liked my DR he was up front and told me the way it was. I went in for my annual and there was a student intern. I will not allow a student intern to do a pap! I really must think things thru before I say yes. I told the nurse what was going on and they entered everything in the computer (that was new) The intern came in and asked me a bunch of questions and then the DR came in and asked me the exact same questions. Apparently I have a lot of cancer in my family “” and that is too bad what happened to my brother and sister. I thought that would be the kind of thing they would enter into my file from before I guess not. I don’t think they put anything from my file in the new system. My file was 2 inches thick with info about me that is now gone. No one called me about my DR not being there any longer so I was a bit miffed about that but of course it isn’t the new DR’s fault. She took x-ray’s of my left ankle and my right big toe. Apparently I have some bone spurs and arthritis in that toe. She is referring me to DR Peter K Rodman for my ankle and toe. He is a specialist. I was put on TEGRETOL XR for my head aches. Apparently I do not have TMJ even though it all started after the dentist. She said if the drugs don’t work I will have to have an MRI. I was really surprised at the fact my DR really didn’t know about much. She looked on the internet for my symptoms and came up with this drug. It dulls the nerves so hopefully my face doesn’t hurt. I will not kill any pain and I still need aspirin to take care of that part but “eventually I can stop taking it” I am concerned about the fact this is not discovering what is causing the problem and looking at a fix for it. I will be basically masking the nerve endings. I really don’t know how I feel about this whole experience. I am sad the old way is gone. I am not sure the new way is any better. It has become more clinical and referral based. I was a bit taken aback by the whole thing. I went in at 09:30am and got home at 12:00pm. I guess I got my money’s worth of co-pay. I don’t take stuff unless I need to. I just don’t do that. I take aspirin when my head hurts and that doesn’t happen, hardly at all. As far as when I work out, sometimes I take something then but this doesn’t happen very often and I really don’t like taking drugs. No one asked me and they were all surprised at the fact I only took a multi vitamin. The new drug is for seizure patients and I am starting out at 100MG and in a month she wants me up to 200MG. This drug has side effects of course drowsiness which I am concerned with working nights. I am not sure about all of this at all!!!! I will see what happens for right now. I guess I can always explain things to her later if I don’t like what is going on. That was my day and it sucked.
Monday I get to see the dentist about a possible root canal or tooth pulling. I can’t wait!!!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment