Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wed 8/20/08

Wed was another day to get some stuff done. I got home and John and I went to Dennys for breakfast, after I stopped @ Hy-Vee to get some stuff and Wes’s present. It was pretty cool, I hope he likes it.
I got home and loaded the car with books and shoes. Since the arthritis I can’t wear hardly any of my old shoes I got. I still kept the really low ones and some boots. Any high (or otherwise) heels had to go DR orders.
I took them to Goodwill since Savers had all of their people on break. I rang the bell and waited and waited finally I decided to leave and as I was driving away I saw all the folks sitting out back on a break. I went to Goodwill and got a receipt for tax purposes. Before that and after breakfast I headed with my license plates downtown. Mom went and they said to keep the lic plates I got and take Mom’s old ones off. I don’t think he wanted to go thru all the paperwork for a $20 savings. After standing in line for that long twice I wasn’t up for it either.
While standing in line I got thru ¼ of my new Charlaine Harris book Grave Sight. Thanks Raven!!!! She is a great author and because of Raven’s blog I got into the Vampire Queen undead and loving it series too. I have read all of hers and am trying to get her other novels. Charlaine has several other books and I just need to track them all down. Dianne Mott Davidson has another new novel that I already have and just haven’t read yet. The last one double shot was pretty interesting as far as plot shifts and her family. I have 2 more to get from susan albert whiting. I may have the most recent one and the one before is the one I am missing. Most of her books I checked out from the library and I have no idea which ones I have read. I think I am all caught up except for these 2. Indigo dyeing I may have not read yet. I have to find it and read it again just to make sure. I gave a few of these to Megs to start in on. She drinks books like I do fast and furious. I like to have the whole series if possible and just read and read until I have no more and have to wait. Once I get back into a series like Susan Albert Whiting I want a few books so I am back in her universe and stay there instead of jumping around. It gets too confusing when I do that. I know I have more to go thru but these I have to really want to read vs. can just pick up and go. One of them is Emma-since it is a period book it is a lot of work to read and get it. I can usually pick it up depending on the author but Jane Austen is not one of those. I got thru the first chapter and had to put it down. I got what was going on but it was too much paying attention and absorbing it all. Maybe after this one I will be a little more used to her world and get thru the rest of the ones I bought. Emma was in pretty bad shape yellow and musty but that won’t stop me from reading it. When I get done it will be disposed of and not given to anyone else unless I can get rid of the must. NASTY!!!! I will leave it in their feedback.
I went to the gym this morning walked for awhile then worked out my arms.
I lost 8 more pounds! YAY!!!

1 comment:

Amy V. said...

Awesome! Keep up the good work on your weight loss.

I couldn't get into Emma either. Pride and Prejudice is so much better!