Saturday, October 25, 2008

10/25

The dentist was pretty good. I got Bubble Gum which actually didn’t taste too bad. I love my Dental Hygienist! She rocks! She is quick and thorough. I get a massage 10/31 for an hour so I can’t wait for that treat! I need to get up early that day so I hope the whole thing is enough to get me tired to go to sleep early enough to be able to get up and not be crabby. I plan of having coffee already set for me when I get up, I will just have to push the on button.
I had to work Tuesday night for a girl who had to go to the doctor so that sucked for her but she still gets paid for it. She will just work a night for me as me so I get paid for it back. I don’t know when that will be but I am sure it will be good since I get to play hooky that night! Yay!!! DJ and I will have to plan something just girls. That would be very nice.
I did get the Charlaine Harris Christmas book finally off EBay. It was a good price and that takes care, pretty much of the series. There is still a honey and money something book she wrote but it is still a new printing and way too spendy for me so far. I am sure it will some down at some point. I got the 2 Cleo Coyle books Murder Most Frothy and Espresso Shot. I am almost ½ way thru Murder and just received Espresso today in the mail. I ordered some really neat African violet plugs. Hopefully I can get some started. My friend Joan started one with just a leaf. That one is huge and has pure white flowers. Very pretty. I have the actual African violet pots. They are soo neat! They really work too. The plant cannot get over watered and is happy and blooms a lot. I am very pleased with how they are doing. My orchids have strange white sticky things on them so I have no idea what that is and how to get rid of it. They are doing ok so far just this weird substance on the leaves and roots. When I washed it off, it was almost like a clingy white powder that washed off in layers a little at a time. I finally got a toothbrush involved and brushed it all off under water. A week later it was back on them all over again.
I got signed up for Secret Pal 13 and the sign ups are still on thru 10/30. They have 3 different pay groups you can be in. I have been thinking of what to get whoever. I will know more when I get the name and can read thru their blog to get a better idea of what they like and dislike. I want to get a hat pattern and yarn; I always enjoy getting a pattern with my yarn. I am not sure why. I have to get one of Ruth’s’ bags and maybe some stitch markers. Maybe some alpaca from Megs to send I am not sure how much per pound she is selling the boy’s fur for but it is worth it for as beautiful as they are. The colors are awesome, especially Ruger who is a deep auburn color-gorgeous!! Of course I am partial to red-heads!!! Maybe I will get some of Rita’s yarn blend. I really try to buy local stuff if at all possible so support them and get their work out there for others in far away places to see and enjoy. I am sure some coffee from our local coffee houses will have to get shipped off too, that is unless they like tea.
I worked out Thursday Morning doing a great bike ride and really working my triceps. Friday morning my triceps hurt and I was not as enthusiastic about the bike ride. I still did ½ hour at heart rate 117 while watching the news in the morning. I have been stretching more and more so that I think has helped all the other muscles from being too mad. This morning I keep stretching my triceps out since I will be working on them again when I go to the gym. I ordered out Thursday night and feel I need to make sure to work it off. I desperately need to go to the grocery store and get some fruit and meat. I don’t get paid until Monday so I was kind of holding off until then. I got some great Melalleuca sports drink in orange and lemon. They taste pretty good and I am happy with them. Of course I have not looked at how many calories are in each packet, but that is ok I need to make sure I stay hydrated. I have not been spot on with the 1000 calories and have gone over it once in awhile. I am still losing slowly because of a lifestyle change vs. diet. I am not depriving myself, but am watching what I eat and how much.
Work is going great no more over time since we have extra people working to fill vacancies. I am really enjoying the days off with John. I need to try to get together with the girls for a PA night. So far they have been on Monday nights and that is the night I stay up with John all day and by 4:30 I am dragging! I wonder what movie he wants to see on Monday. I have no idea what is out there. Death Note went very well I really enjoyed it! My boss called though trying to figure out where I was. She quickly realized I had vacation for ½ the night and apologized for calling. That was pretty funny and I saved it for a good laugh. I am always on time and never called in sick so far, so it was out of character for me not to show up for work.
DH has a guy at work that is out because he just had a baby. He went thru all the baby yarn I had at home and decided he did not like any of it (DIVA) we went off to Wal-Mart and he picked out some baby blue baby yarn in a huge skein. I said of course what if the baby is not a boy. I tried to get him to look at multicolor (pink, blue, green, yellow, white) yarns and he did not like any of them. Same with the green or yellow, he was just not a fan. He bought the blue and I started making a baby blanket. He of course had to make sure the width was good enough. I love when he gets involved with a project. I have been working on it every morning so far and am a ¼ way done with it. I had to stop my scarf I was making for Secret Pal and got thru one skein. It is a very pretty blue-ish color. I really like it, I hope they like it too. DH said I need to be careful in making something for someone who does knitting or crocheting since they may be better at it than I. Of course I dismissed that comment as usual and went on with it. If they don’t like it I am sure they will give it away. Of course they may be like many of us who make things for others and do not take the time to make something for ourselves. Go figure!
I got DJ taken care of for her birthday and part of her Christmas present. I still have pretty much everyone else to buy for. We are getting our bonus. At least that is what the CP says. I really hope so it would be nice for presents. My Aunt and Uncle said no presents this year. That is what she said last year and we both got one. Not very fair I think. I need to figure out what Christmas cards to send and get started on figuring out where my list is from last year. I want to buy stamps a little at a time since that will be a big cost. Of course it would help if I did not send one to almost everyone I knew. I feel though that Christmas is the season to reconnect and touch those you don’t talk to every day or for that matter any other time than Christmas for whatever reason.

Ok that is entirely enough for right now!

No comments: