Saturday, October 18, 2008

Still Sick

I went to Panera bread to get some of the Breast Cancer awareness bagels since this is the only month they have them. I try to get a few dozen and keep them in the freezer for a later date. They are sooo good!!
I had time to get them before my Mammogram. Yeah that went as well as could be expected. The nurse was really nice and they had pumpkin spice lotion in the bathroom so that was not a total loss. Half an hour later I was on my way. I only have the dentist left for Monday. I will need to make an appointment if this sinus junk keeps up. YUCK!!!!
Mom was at Women of Faith in Saint Paul. That is always a good time. I wish I could have gone, but I had no vacation time left. For next year I took off WW but not the Renn Faire first. Someone else put down the first weekend in June before I did and it says only 1 person is allowed off at a time. I don’t know if this will actually be in effect when the CP takes over. We do have an extra-board now for the first time in a year. It will hopefully stay that way unless someone quits or gets fired.
I finished the new Charlaine Harris series with Lily Bard Shakespeare’s Landlord. I really enjoyed it! I am curious how the others will go. I am missing Shakespeare’s Christmas I think that is number 3. I am trying to get it off EBay but no luck. She is really a great author. Thanks Raven!!! I really enjoy her characters and story lines.
I am trying to get Christmas figured out for everyone. DJ was the easiest! Grace, Ronnie and David won’t be too hard. Mom, I have no idea. John no idea. Megs is already taken care of. Ruth no idea. I also have to look for Secret Pal stuff. I was able to get on this years list so hopefully it will go well and get some cool stuff. At least as good as I send out maybe. Ruth has some stuff that I will have to get to send off that always goes over well for gifts. I will have to search out from there. I get 3 months so I will need something for each month November on. Give me some ideas if you come up with any. I could use them. The people in the Secret Pal are knitters or crocheters. I am hoping for someone who spins but who knows who it will be.
I got to work and could not find my cell phone. I thought I put it in my bag and when I called it I couldn’t hear it. Hopefully it is at home on the floor and not outside in case it fell out of my purse. My oil change went off ok the only problem was they had to add a gallon of anti-freeze. I did not see any leak and they just changed out the hose not that long ago. Maybe next time I will get it tested.
I went to bed ok and around 1pm John came in and I got up to go to the bathroom. I lay back down and must have dozed for a little bit. I woke up having to cough. I tried coughing into my blanket but I thought that was too loud and my nose started running. I went out into the living room which is pretty dark and made up the couch with my pillows, took some more night time sinus stuff and lay down. I woke up a bit later and tried to go back to bed. Again when I lay down I had to cough and my nose ran. When I coughed into my blanket John moved around so I got up again and laid back down in the living room. I was hoping he would wake me up when he started to get ready for work. Sure enough he got up and called out for me waking me up again. I said bye have a good night at work love you and laid down in my own bed to I could actually sleep and cough at will. After coughing for 5 minutes I was able to get back to sleep. I am pretty tired of that already!! Today when John gets off I can cough as much as I want since he doesn’t work tonight. YAY!!!! I am still beat so maybe today I can get some sleep. I just have to try to get to bed before 11am. I have been sleeping straight thru for the most part until I have to get up for work. I am still tired so I will have to try and lay down earlier today. I always say that but manage to still be up until 11am because I am not tired.
I ate my soup tonight so I have to make sure I pack some more. I had chicken salsa or something like that. I was hoping for chicken noodle. No such luck. I need my comfort food while feeling so miserable.
I may run the dishwasher depending on how long it takes to finish loading it.
Well that is my misery for now.

No comments: