Sunday, December 28, 2008

12/28/08

Mom is on her way to Daytona FL and will come back hopefully with a sun burn. She went to my aunt’s house in AR and it was warm there. She arrived Friday and Saturday they were driving down to FL. She took her new car so I hope it drove ok. This was the first big trip with it. She finally broke down and bought a Honda since DH has one and it was in his family for ever before he got it! I am pretty excited it is Mom’s first trip to FL. I am sure after this trip it will become a popular place. She is saying now that in a year she is retiring. I will have so many grey hairs from her “traveling” I don’t even want to know. At least she does have a cell phone so I can keep track of where she is and what she is doing. So that will be a little better.

I got luggage for our trip to Ireland this June so that was a big load off my mind. I have more Christmas’s to go but since they are with friends I wanted to make sure the date wasn’t as important as the getting together part. I switched with a girl at work again so 1/14 I will need to invite the girls over after we start at a coffee place. DH won’t leave for work until 7pm so we will have to finish at my house. Meg’s has cat allergies so we will see how long she will last before “having” to leave because she can’t breathe. I think Ruth is ok with the cat part. I am sure I will still have a fairly clean house after the MIL leaves 1/5 so it won’t be as bad as normal. J

I busted my tail getting all the little things done before she arrived. Her flights were on time and she got here with no problems. YAY!!!! I tried to get all the stuff that bugs me not necessarily anything anyone would notice. DH had to reach the top of our dinning room light to get the cobwebs down and change the light bulbs that had burned out and we didn’t bother replacing. He replaced the bulb to the motion light outside so that works now. It is really nice when you step on our deck it lights up and makes it easier to walk up to the house at night. I made sure Mom had a copy of the house and car key so if she wants to run around during the day she can. I made sure to let her know I need the car back by 9pm so I can go to work. I think she really likes the fact she can go and do stuff on her own without DH. I am just sad I don’t have more time off while she is here.

I have to work 12/30 so I only have Monday off this week. I will have to stay on a night schedule for the most part since I have to go right back to work again. DH will be on a pretty much day schedule so I won’t get to see as much of him as I would like. He got all kinds of vacation off so that was sweet. I am sure his Mom will appreciate it while she is here. He has to work 12/31, he couldn’t get it off vacation but that is the only day this next week he will have to go in. He gets quite a bit more vacation time than I do and he has to use some of it up and this is a nice way to do that and see his Mom.

I got some circular needles so eventually I can start that hat. I finished 5 scarves total, 4 dish cloths total for this Holiday season. I want to make some more scarves to give away to the poor next year. Michaels is having a sale on yarn so I will have to hit it and see what I can find. Wal-Mart has been where I have gotten the Lion Brand Homespun so far. They have really limited colors and I need more selection. The other stores don’t open very early so that kind of sucks.

Little Bear is doing better. I started him on Science Diet kitten food so hopefully he won’t get a urinary infection like George. The other cats won’t eat Science Diet so maybe because he eats it they will. He is still healing and hopefully Monday I can put normal cat litter back in the bedroom. He is sooo cute and playful. We try to go in the bedroom just to spend some time with him so he is not so bored. I have put the other kitties in for a while to keep him company. They just like to eat his food and sleep, but it keeps LB from meowing for awhile. I feel bad to keep him locked up but there is no way he can be out with the normal litter boxes and cats. He is too rough and will hurt himself. We were playing with him and he started bleeding because he was racing around the bed so hard. I really freaked out on DH. We have played with him since but are very careful he “gets” the string because it is going so slow.

Well that is all for now. Have a wonderful New Year!!

No comments: