I finished a scarf for the mother in law. I let her pick out the yarn at Michaels. I bought a bunch of it on sale no less! YAY!!! I am almost finished with another scarf for a guy I work with. I should be wrapping that up today or tomorrow. Still no socks on the needles. I am waiting until I can get my 2 circular of the same size. I think I found 1 pair of size 8 and I still have to find my other set so I can cast on and go.
I got a good pattern for the hats but am waiting on larger DPN to make it. I am pretty sure I have the pattern figured out, if not I am sure I can call the girl who made it. J Thanks ANNA BANANA!!!! My uncle got me my Kung Fu Panda and DH got me a BURR coffee grinder that keeps the beans in it until you are ready to grind. HEAVENLY!!!! I am super spoiled!!!
Mom gets back home 1/5 and my MIL flies out 1/5. I have had to go over to the house to check on the kitties and bring in the mail and paper. So far so good, no snow to scoop. We shall see what this weekend brings. Mom is having a great time in the sun and surf and beach. She is expecting to come home with a sun burn. They will be driving back to AR I think Sunday and she will be on her way home Monday from there. I may have to take the MIL to the airport for her flight; DH may be forced to go in for training during the day. YUCK!!!!
I am starting to get a sinus infection so that is bad! Unfortunately many people I work with and out in the world have it and I was out shopping Monday. I really try to do Airborne or hand sanitizer but there is nothing to fight off the sooo many germs floating around. Last night I had to work with a girl and she was coughing and pretty sick. She was getting over it and I am just starting it. I hope I don’t have to go to the doctor. I will be going to get groceries since being sick is a whole different menu. I have been craving bananas, orange juice and tea. That is when I know I am sick when I want tea instead of coffee. I brought some PG tips special bag to work and it is very comforting with lemon. I don’t have a day off until Monday 1/5. I only got Monday off earlier this week because I switched with a girl so this week is dragging on.
I was at work on New Years. YAY!! I saw the fireworks as I drove in and that set the mood for the night. I really had nothing to do. There was not a train going anywhere. I did have some crews on duty but nothing I had to call or really do anything with. It was very quiet. The Chief and dispatcher were gone and I was all alone in the building from around 4:30am-6am when someone from Customer Service came in for her shift. It was very nice having the radio on and going thru some files and other busy work. I didn’t want to go home and wake up the MIL. DH was at work himself and it was pretty busy otherwise I would have gone home. As it was I apparently woke her up when I got home. Oh well, we talked for a bit before DH came home.
I really try to be quiet so she can get some rest while she is here. She did get to take the car and go shopping Wednesday since we both had to go to bed because of working that night. She had fun and the stores aren’t that far away from my house. I was happy to have a car she could take.
I will have a ton of stuff to get caught back up on Monday. Laundry and dishes have been filling the sink and I have had no time to mess with it. I am sure I will get most of it taken care of Monday and Tuesday. DH is scheduled for training @ 8am 1/5-1/9. He has been a night guy for over 10 years and they all of a sudden want him on days training. I wish him luck. I won’t see him hardly at all that week since I don’t get up until around 8pm and have to leave for work at 09:30pm. We will have a little time together so that will be two weeks with only a few hours together. He is really not going to like that very much at all. I hope he doesn’t get too grumpy!!
Well that is enough for now.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment