Thursday, December 4, 2008

12/4/08

I am slowly trying to overcome my home body-ness. I have been on autopilot for a bit. Today is the day my Grandma passed away 5 years ago. I am sure I am in a mild depression funk. But, I did finish a dishcloth and started another. I started a scarf for a girl at work and am over half way finished. I wanted to make a few more scarves for folks at work. I forgot that I don’t need to crochet like the devil then knit so much my hand hurts. While I was doing it, I was fine and quite accomplished. Yesterday when I went to bed, my right hand was throbbing. What me over do it?!?!?!?!? Never!!!!
I did not work on anything this morning and went off to work without it. This morning I will crochet for a bit and try to get closer on the dish cloth. I had a great dark blue plastic crochet hook. My scarf was in my lap and when I picked it up to start working on it, the hook was gone. I looked under the couch and blankets. DH came over to look too. I picked up the garbage and recyclable cans nothing. It is possible that my littlest baby decided he needed to play with it. I have seen him grab one of my long lipstick tubes and carry it around only to drop it and bat it under or by something else. This is a favorite game of his. He plays it with almost anything he can get his mouth around. DH got a fun cat play thing with 4 rooms 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top. Bear loves it, but the other kitties won’t go near him or it when he is in it. He gets a little wild to say the least. I will have to search a little larger area in case he went off with it.
I am not really rushed with presents; I have everything pretty much in line. I hope we get our holiday bonus! I really don’t care how much it is, any amount would be nice. Apparently the stomach flu has been going around work. I have had it twice and really do not want to go thru that again. I do know about Gatorade being the best thing to drink to try and keep you hydrated. It also does not change consistency, just becomes warmer when it come back out. I am all about the not changing while being digested! Mom had a cold a little earlier and DH and I have had sinus stuff but nothing too major.
I went out on Black Friday to Target and got Mom a red Kodak easy share camera for Christmas. We have been going online looking for memory cards, cases chargers etc etc. It may be our primary camera to Ireland since having two can be pretty confusing. DH says when he went to Ecuador having two cameras was a pain the behind. Just keeping track of them was hard. I think he may have something there, but it makes us even more attached at the hip than we will already be. I am still waiting on questions regarding knitting needles and crochet hooks on the flight. I plan on taking a book but I would love to work on something while over there. Let alone buy some yarn and other fluffy stuff!! We will be stopping at the Blarney stone and I know I don’t need more of a “gift” but I will plan on kissing it anyway. I hope to take our photos with to WW so folks can see where we went and what we did. I want to put something together after we get back so people at home can come and see where we went.
I had a fall in the kitchen a few weeks ago and finally went to see Todd. He needed the heat pack I was so tight. I know better than to wait that long, but I really didn’t want to do anything “extra”. My back hurt so bad on a Friday night no less and all weekend that Monday I called Todd right away. He had to really work on me to get me back in place. I have another appointment set up for Friday morning so I can’t skip out and say I am doing fine and don’t need to see him. I know I am not completely back in place so I am glad I already made it so I have to go. He says I have some deterioration in my toe joint. I was working out when my toe just went into overdrive and really became overly painful. I am still not having it cleaned out. I am still not having the bone shaved. I will need to be in more pain than that I would think.
I still need to find a spot for Wed 12/10 my Hooky night. I have to get together with the girls where I am not sure. I need to get books together for Megs to read. I plan on having wine when I get home and I really am tempted to do nothing but watch all the movies I have not seen and DH doesn’t want to watch. He tried to say he wanted to see Dan in real life. I watched part of it and did not get a chance to see the ending since he woke up and wanted to watch something else. I was busy knitting and crocheting so I couldn’t be mad if he didn’t want to start watching a movie that was over halfway finished. I wasn’t super happy but I couldn’t be mad.
On our weekend, we got caught up on our other shows we hadn’t watched in a few months. I put the cat toy in a spot in front of the SCA closet downstairs. We went out a few times which was really nice. We had really been bums lately and as far as I am concerned that is ok! We have had some great talk time and playing with the boy. We did decide to get his claws removed. Monday we take him in the morning and pick him up Tuesday afternoon. I feel bad, but he is really scratching up the furniture. I have several scratch pads out but he likes them once in awhile. The ottoman he likes all the time. I worked on the kitchen for awhile and almost got the table completely cleaned off and the tablecloth will need to be washed. That should be my main goal for Wed night after the girls. I want to get the extra room ready for Mom for whenever she comes out for a visit. I need to clean the white stuff off the orchids that have not died yet. I guess I have aphids. The other plants are doing great. DJ won’t recognize the ones I am watching for her. My African violets are really thriving only 1 died from the transplant. The others are really doing great. I found some self watering pots at Lowe’s on clearance no less. DH bought quite a few for me and they are really great. I need to transplant my Christmas cactus but want to wait until after they bloom. One is starting to bud; they really have the blooms when they go. My weird orchid is the only one that is aphid resistant apparently. It is blooming again with 2 stalks of blooms. I really need to take a photo. I did kill the aloe vera that was over 20 years old. I put it outside with the snow. Only 1 of the 3 babies survived so far. It was planted more in the soil than the other 2 and that is what is making the difference. I hope it lives since that is the only piece left from my Grandmas original plant.
I did organize my shelf with my spindles, knitting needles and other crafty stuff. I took everything off the shelves and re-organized them. It looks much less cluttered now. I still have some yarn that doesn’t fit in the boxed above the TV. DH made shelves that have 3 Rubbermaid tubs per shelf so six total. They really hold yarn and wool nicely. I do have a few more boxes stashed away. I really had no idea how much yarn I had until I really went thru it. I did get a few more skeins for dishcloths and the scarves for people at work.
Well that is all for now

No comments: