Saturday, January 10, 2009

1/10/09

Well I started my first hat! I know finally!! I got a bunch of different advice from different people (rain, Anne, SP, etc etc) and the mostly have just “done” hats. I took a little bit from one and a little bit from another and I hope it turns out. I have 5 DPN’s and cast onto a size 13 needle then knitted onto the 4 size 10 DPN’s. I am using Lion’s brand Wool Ease so that is bulky. I knit 2 then purl 2 and I have done this for 2 rows so far. I cast on 120 then I had to K2 together so it was 119 then after the first round I K2 again so I have even stitches. I will have the girls look at how far I have come when they come over on Wed.

Since DH is working days this week, Monday I have a massage at 4pm. I should schedule a pedicure for Tuesday I really need one and get to the mall at some point since I can’t remember the last time I was there. At 05:20 after the massage (thanks Mom) I will go over to Colleen’s to get DJ’s plants. Since the remodeling (started over 2 years ago) her plants have gone to several people. I have 3 right now. I am not sure how many Colleen has but I have killed a few of mine on purpose and by accident, so I actually have some room for them. I am down to 4 orchids and 3 of them are sick with some bug. They will probably die I guess I am not meant to have just any orchids. The one left is a wonderfully different kind with beautiful blooms. I know this because it has bloomed 3 times since I got it for my birthday from Megs.

I finished PS I Love You the book. Wonderful!!! It was very different from the movie and I enjoyed it! I bought the soundtrack CD after I watched the movie twice. I knew I would have to read the book and I am glad I did. The movie was along the same lines as part of the book. Just enough to recognize certain parts, most of it is entirely different and more thorough. I really liked the characters thru out and she did a nice job of flushing them out more and you really feel as though you know them. It was a wonderful message and what she took away from the whole experience was a gift to the readers. Really, a nice book! Ruthie gets it next then probably Megs, I know Mom has to read it after that who wants to be on the list???

I ran the dishwasher from the MIL visit so the dishes are caught up. I am just now catching up on laundry and will have to start all over again Monday. I need to vacuum again and sweep the floors. I want to; if I get time, use the rug cleaner on the floor in the dinning room. I have the table cleaned off so I can wash the tablecloth and put that back on the table. I need to tidy up the spare room and put some of my clothes away again since I have access to the room. I used to keep all my clothes up there in the dresser and closet and have become rather lazy and started to keep them downstairs in the laundry room in laundry baskets. I know! I do have to become more diligent again about using that space. It will free up the laundry room of clothes and give me more room down there. I guess I just got tired of walking up and down the stairs.

DH is having the guys at work build him the computer he wants vs. one you can just buy. I think it is a great idea so he can have exactly what he needs and can use. I of course get the Dell emptied of all the movies and other junk that I don’t want or need. It will be the email, EBay, Face book, blog, computer for me. I can’t wait! I like having my own computer and not having to share or wait for DH to finish putting a movie on the hard drive or wanting to check his email. OK, so he doesn’t do it all the time but it will still be rather nice. This will entail a whole new computer desk arrangement. I am sure it will be shelf related and take up the whole wall with plenty of space for the computers and all the stuff they need. I can’t wait. The old computer desk was one my Dad built and the desk next to it was my Grandma’s. It will be sad getting rid of the computer desk but I really won’t need it and the desk I will probably put upstairs in the sitting room, or in the guest room-maybe.
I totally got to work out finally after all the hub bub
Well enough of all this!

No comments: