Sunday, January 4, 2009

1/4/09

I finished the other scarf I was making for a guy I work with. All scarves started are finished. His was a last minute deal as well as the MIL, but both are done and look great. I have not started on the hat; I am still waiting for needles. I have no socks started either. I got some great looking sock yarn but have done nothing yet. I did do more on the dishcloth I have on the needles. I can’t believe DH got me the coffee grinder that he did!!! I made fresh coffee every night before work until I got sick. Tonight I had some work coffee which was tolerable. I feel a little better but my nose is running now instead of being stuffy. Oh well I am hopefully marching toward being well again instead of deeper into being sick. Everyone around is pretty sneezy, sniffly, etc.
We have ice on the roads and a wind chill of minus 20 today. I got out of our street ok and made it to work without too much problem. I don’t think I will make it to Mom’s. She is supposed to be traveling home and I am praying for her. It will be interesting-she needs to be back at school 1/5. I hope the van starts so we can go to church. We may skip it since it is soo cold! I will have to see what it is like when I get off work.
Mom has to be at the airport by 09:30 to catch her flight @ 1130am. It has been really nice having her here. I am sure she is ready to get back to everything and everyone. I know she is missing our nephew Ed. She has some great presents to give him from us when she sees him. I think he will be happy with the things Uncle found for him.
Little Bear is doing great! We have started letting him out and about with the other cats. We still have his special litter in the bedroom and I still like him to sleep with me. DH needs to check his paws again Monday to see if he is not clear for normal litter. I spent $6 on a bag of pine stuff that still looks like rabbit food but smells better. I am sure he will be able to run with the others as normal by then, but I still want him to double check and be sure. He is messing with his paws just a bit. We played with him a week after he had them done and he broke his back paw open again. Apparently he plays at 10 instead of 6 or 7. After that we were super careful to play slow games with him and nothing he could race around with like before. We thought he would be ok but we did not take into account his passion for playing.
I will have tons of laundry to catch up on Monday night. Poor DH will just have to be patient while I run back and forth to the laundry room. He got out of going to class 1/5 and will have to go 1/12-16 during the day. He gets to see his Mom off at the airport but will be on nights for the rest of the week then days the next week. I told him when the girls come over he is to stay out of the way. He can stop and say hi but that is it. He is banished from the sitting room. I still have to get the girls presents together. Monday is when I will need to start in on it all. I am giving myself until then to get started. Procrastinate me?!?!?!?!?
I also need to get the next Secret Pal package off. I have most everything rounded up I just need to drop it in the mail and hope for the best. I don’t have anything this time that could freeze. Mostly books and yarn J
The best kind of prezzie!!! I think my SP likes everything they have received so far. I really tried to pay attention to what I had read thru and figure out the best way to give what my SP wanted. Some things are way out of my price range which is too bad. I have really tried to get the biggest bang for our limited buck we can spend as it were.
I finished the last Charlaine Harris book I have and she has written. I am all finished with her books so far. I have no idea when she will write a new one but I am pretty up on finding them when she or any of the other authors do. I have a few Monica Ferris books to catch up on and 1 Susan Albert Whiting book. I never did finish the Mitford series. It was just too sad that was the last book. I think this year I will find it and finish it. She really is a great author. Megs doesn’t think Monica does a great job. I found her pretty good at the time I was reading them. She does kind of “phone” them in sometimes. I had finished hers quite awhile ago and forgot how they were. Now I am picking it up again and see Megs is right she is readable just not my favorite. I have the bones one and her most recent one to get thru. I hope I can slide back into her “world” again. It has been a few years. We shall see.
That is enough for now.

No comments: