Saturday, February 21, 2009
02/20/09
I only got to have Monday off for vaca and I was in no mood. I was tiredand cranky! Poor DH had to put up with that. We found out his Mom isbeing forced to retire as of 02/16. She was not ready for it and is notvery happy about it. How many older people I wonder have been forced outof the workplace they love because of their age. I understand thatbudget cuts are being forced down everyone's throat, she and anotherteacher were highly paid because of their length of service. That reallyhelped the budget because a new teacher is way cheaper. I feel for herbecause she kept saying she is not a senior citizen. Well, now shereally is. DH said to go to the Senior Citizens Center and meet othersand go to classes now that she has time. She wants to volunteer more andI am sure she will be out again for another visit. It will be nice tosee her again whenever she decides to come out. I have not worked on my scarf hardly at all and my hat not at all. DHgot his electric spinning wheel up and running, Megs is the first totake it for a spin and give feedback. Ruth and Amy V are next in line totest it. I am sure I will get my own when he finishes thinking a fewmore things thru. He has not decided if that is the way he wants to doit. He has some other idea's of how it may work better, already with nofeedback from the girls. I can't wait to put them on Etsy or EBay. Hereally is a bit of a genius sometimes!! He also found a laptop he willallow me to get because partially of the waterproof keyboard. It is anotebook laptop around $500 and he says that looks like it is Amy proof.Well I am rough on all my stuff so I am sure a laptop would be nodifferent. I personally don't think I am, but DH reminds me of the stuffI wrecked because I was not careful. Sweet of him I know. But he isright. I joined Women on Track which is a social women's group for railroademployees. They get together and help with fundraising for a specificproject or group related to women's issues. The CP version has beenworking with different women's shelters and groups so we decided to dothe same. The huge problem I have is they meet at noon. I worknights-anyone see a problem with this?? Totally!!! I still emailed tobecome a member but meetings are questionable and I said straight up Idon't know how many I can attend. They were pretty cool and said thatwould be ok. We will see how it goes. I also have to get back online andpay for our SCA membership. DH actually said we might not do WW thisyear. I had to sit back and let that sink in for a second. Not doWW?!?!?!?! We didn't get into WW 1 year because of a mess up withmerchantcrat and a deadline in the Pale. Yes that long ago but still. Wealways do WW. I am not sure what I would do with the extra vacationbesides maybe have more room around Ireland so I am not rushed when Iget back or before I leave. He isn't really sure he wants to do the RennFaire next year. I am not sure about all that, but it is his decisionbeing the main person making things. I think he may still have stuffonline thru Etsy or Ebay maybe. I would like to go to Cecil's for a day,that would be nice to hang out and talk to everyone. Maybe see Rita anda bunch of other folks I haven't seen in awhile. I took my heating pad to work and my Icy Hot. That was an experience!Try that and a heat pad that is something! I fell asleep on the couchTues. and a cat curled up behind my legs. I woke up around 2pm andcrawled into bed with DH. I woke up to go to work and my back wasspasaming. I was trying to stretch a bit to ease the huge back cramp andthat helped a little. Wed. morning I called Todd and got to see him fora good back cracking. He had to put heat pads on it and put me on theroller for a bit to loosen up my lower back muscles. They were that bad!He put part of it back in place. I continued to stretch and walk arounda bit. Today it is doing better but not 100 percent. I made anappointment last week for a massage and acupuncture appointment Friday2/20 not knowing this was all going to happen. I may need to addchiropractic since something is still out and poor Todd had a reallytight back to deal with. Trish may have better luck after a massage. Ireally had to remember to breathe it hurt that bad when he was pushingand rubbing to get it to loosen up a bit. I had to work all night withit so I knew he was going to work for his money. The heating pad only helps when I sit. I stand up and start walking andit starts to cramp up again. I didn't even wash my bento from Wed nightand didn't make anything for tonight, so I had yogurt and bananas. Wehave to go downstairs for everything so that has cut my coffee and waterconsumption way down! I need to make something for tonight even if Ijust pack eggs and stuff to make an egg salad sandwich so I havesomething more. I wanted to work out since I was working this whole week, that got shot in the behind. I need to go shopping on the 26th fornew jeans. Mine are getting holey and I really need to buy some. I havea feeling I will be up most of the day Thursday and only a nap beforemeeting the girls at Camille's for our PA meeting. DH says he can miss at least one of the meetings. :-) He had said he wanted to know nothingabout spinning and here he has to know about how it works to make aspinning wheel. The curse of being able to make cool stuff!!!! I hadsome wool I was thinking about dyeing. Rita, Megs any suggestions for an easy microwave or jar dyeing technique? How do I get the wool ready fordyeing?? (mordant?)Something easy nothing too crazy. I was thinking Kool-Aid but maybe youhave something easier?? It is easier to dye before or after spinning??DH is still working on the lazy Kate to help with plying. He didn't planon that suggestion so he is still thinking it thru. I can't wait to seewhat else he comes up with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment