Saturday, April 18, 2009

04/13/09

Nice week done!! I can't believe it's Friday already!! YAY!!!! I
finished they baby blanket and gave it to the girl I work with along
with some booties I ordered off Etsy. She loved them! I finished the
other baby blanket for Rolan it turned out great and it is nice and big.
I need to send it off in the mail this weekend. The baby is due I think
this month. I hope closer to my birthday! I forget when Rolan's birthday
is I think in April too. I am working on the prayer shawl for Mom
hopefully I will get it done and blessed this month so that too is off
my list. I need to cast on my scarf pattern and work a few rows here and
there before leaving in June to get the hang of it.

I got my Coffee swap partner her undulating waves pattern she wanted and
it has a ton of beads that have to be threaded on the yarn. It looks
super cool, but not something I think I would make personally. I still
need to cast on some baby socks for Grace and see if I can make it thru
them. The smart thing to do would be like Megs and use my Sock book from
Cat Bordhi and make some small sample socks before making a large one. I
love my hand knitted socks. I love the way they cradle my heel and fit
oh so well. I need to start another baby blanket to have a spare in case
I need it or put under the tree at church if I don't give it away before
then.

I am looking forward to my trip. I got out the New Balance shoes and
have been wearing them to work to break them in a little. They are
tennis shoes but are a tan color so I won't stand out so much as an
"American" I need to call the travel agency and ask them my questions. I
still need to call Verizon and let my credit card co and bank know I
will be traveling abroad and not to cancel my cards. I need to remind
Mom to do the same. I should email Wendy about her trip and find out
from her what to expect a bit. I am still trying to figure out a
wardrobe that is easy to mix and match. Jeans I know will be a staple
but I wanted to take a nice pair of slacks or skirt for a just in case
we go somewhere fancy. I still need to check out the camera and figure
out how to change the battery and card. I hope the laptop will be photo
friendly since that is what I need it for.

DH has to work tonight too so he won't be home until 08:45am so we can
have a nice slow day. Hopefully doing nothing much but watching TV and
relaxing. I want to get laundry done on Monday night if possible so I
can be ready for Ruth's class Tues night. I want to stop at Coffea for
some coffee after filling up the tank at Sam's. I am planning on working
out at some point before DH comes home but we will see. It is supposed
to rain today, that will help clean off the car. I washed it and that
night had 2 big splotched of bird poo on the car. Yuck!!!! I refuse to
spend another $8 to wash it up again so soon.

I finished the New Testament before Easter. It was nice to finish it for
Lent. I don't agree with it all but I do enjoy reading it. I have to
kind of look at it like a story book. I don't believe women should be
quiet at church and not speak like Paul suggests. Just my opinion.

No comments: