Monday, May 25, 2009

05/25/09

Well I have been dealing with the frustration of work. I really enjoy getting free for my weekend. I have class this week Tues-Sat. I guess itstarts at 730am I am hoping for 1/2 hour lunch so we can leave by 4pm. I really don't want to be there any longer than I have to. I have Monday only to get on a day schedule. I have no idea how that is going to work.Pray for me. I want to make sure I am awake and able to learn the new system so I won't be too far behind when I get back from Ireland.

I got some great stuff from my Taurus swap and need to post some photossoon. I signed up again for the Caffeine and chocolate swap. I reallyenjoy this one and the coffee is usually wonderful. I picked up somegreat swap items. I am trying to think what to take during the day forlunch. Usually I sit at my desk and eat whatever I have in the fridge.This will be so structured. I am thinking sandwiches or salad. Maybe Iwill dust off my bento for a little variety. I will have to go grocery shopping to see what I can find. DH thinks I should just take quick heatup meals and I may for 1 of the days. I am almost excited to go since Iwon't have to do my job again until Sunday. Days Tues-Sat then nights on Sunday and Mon and Tuesday off. I will be working too much overtimebefore I leave on my trip but oh well. I still need to get my luggage together and kind of packed so I know what I can and can't take. It is almost in the month I leave.

I need to get George outside to cut off all his hair. He is way too longand is starting to have hairballs. I also need to plant some veggies Ibought. I need to find a good place to put my Topsy Turvy full of dirt so it doesn't fall down. I found part of the trim next to my sliding door on the ground so I will need to find a hammer and put that back up.I planted some stuff and need to put more in the ground after I weed and put newspapers down. The aloe vera that was over 20 years old that I got from my grandma is outside and I reused the planter for a pepper. The baby inside is really dodgy, sometimes I think it won't make it thenother times I see another shoot starting. I am really torn since this is1 of 2 plants from her. The other is a poppy I took from her garden before her house was sold 3 years ago. It is doing great and I am proud it has gotten bigger and bigger every year. I take solace in the fact Ihave that one if the other dies.


I just finished Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson. It was recommended as aWomen of Faith book. I got I because the Quaker part. I must admit after she spends time with the Quakers she seems to get some stuff figured out as far as how to serve. She is an upscale mom with a DR for a husband and thinks she has to keep up with the Jones's. She finds herself at a crossroads and in the home of 2 elderly Quaker ladies. She finds thatshe is supposed to serve others by helping at a "last chance" type of place in an urban area. I really enjoyed watching the story unfold and how she works thru what she is being called to do and fighting the fact she has a calling. It was very interesting. Anyone who wants to borrow it I am finished and just let me know before I put it in the church library. The other book I am in the middle of right now is the Shack by William Paul Young. I am sure many have heard him speak. I was not able to attend when he was here in town because of the tickets selling out so fast. I think Mom went and she highly recommended it. She had loaned her copy to someone and I was going to get it next, but I got it at Sam's so I could read this week without DH. This also is a very interesting painful story starting with a missing child and ending who knows where.I really enjoy the way this book opens the trinity and gives you a fresh look at what it is for that author and possibly yourself. I find myself being drawn to the figures the book represents and thinking about how in my life do I see the trinity. It was kind of like the book as far as Jesus and God in him, but it really made me sit back with the "Eloi, Eloi why have you forsaken me" and God was still there just not letting Jesus know he was. That was something I had not even entertained as something that might be. I guess I just assumed thru teaching and reading the bible God left Jesus and turned away because he was so ugly with sin. However ugly, I think God was there with him just not revealing himself-I really like that idea. God is always with us even though we don't see or feel him, it doesn't mean he left us. Really powerful stuff! I am sorting thru my belief structure and trying to redefine some things. I don't remember the last time I really took stock and thought about some of the stuff the book is going thru. It is refreshing and breathing new life into my walk. I do recommend The Shack in the hope that you too will start thinking about Jesus and your walk with him and how much closer you too can be. It is a great opportunity to open one up to that kind of self examination I hope you take it. I know I am not wasting the opportunity. This time alone may be just what I need to go a little deeper into myself and see what I find.

No comments: