I called Rita and she went over what I was doing wrong. Apparently never learning how to read a pattern was my problem. The knit rows are right to left and the purl rows are left to right. I ripped out the whole thing and started all over again. I have finally gotten past what I ripped out and have went a whole 5 rows further along. It looks very nice! I really like it a lot. When I am finished I will post a photo on Ravelry. I asked Rita to bring a long some of the blue so I can make it again with that color instead of the rich tan color I am making it in now.
3/10 Wed our church went to the Food Pantry to pack backpacks for kids in the school district that don't have food at home. The kids get food in their locker on Friday for the weekend. We packed over 2700 sacks. It was really fun and hard work! We had over 40 people show up to help. It was a really great night. I grabbed some literature that was on the table for a girl at work. She was talking about setting up the same kind of program in Tea and was working with the schools to see if they could maybe start something like that. The next morning the Tea superintendent called her asking for the information and she faxed him what I gave her. It is really neat to think of this kind of thing spreading across the country.
Friday night 3/12 I was supposed to help the girls take over dresses to the Holiday Inn for the Cinderella Project on Saturday but when DH got home in the morning he said his car was not braking much at all. I called Tires Plus and told them what was going on and that we would be dropping the car off in the AM. I of course had to take him to work so that was a crunch on the pedicure with DJ I arranged. During lunch I called and moved the pedicure to 7pm and took interstate after dropping DH off at work and got there before DJ still. It was very nice and we really needed it! She just got done with 2 weeks of mail count. We went to Cracker Barrel for supper.
Saturday morning was taxes then Cinderella Project combined with the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown. We dropped off the car, then had breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Taxes were at 9:30am then we went downtown to Holiday Inn to check on the project. We had lunch there then sat at the check in table for our noon-3pm shift. There were a total of 20 some girls that showed up. Not very many at all. We got all the dresses packed back up and with the parade we couldn't take them back over to the building. We were able to escape quick before the parade came down Philips. I dropped some stuff off at Goodwill and then took DH home. He was fading quick and had been up entirely too long!
Sunday was Church then Chevy's buffet so that was nice to spend time with Mom. We picked up the car went to Sam's and the Dollar General for some stuff. It was nice just bumming around. Tuesday was supposed to be movie night with the boys. I called them Tuesday from work and they both were busy so we didn't go to any movies.
Wednesday is St. Patrick's Day so we went to Skelly's pub downtown for some corned beef and cabbage. It was yummy! We had time to shop downtown before we had to go back to work. Tonight is Lent service, I am not sure if I am going or not yet. I have errands to run. But I will try and make it. Oscar does a great job and he has good stories.
Saturday 3/27 is Ides of March in Huron. I will be there with or without the boy weather permitting. I won't stay for feast but will at least spend the day getting back in touch with everyone since winter is over. It will be good to get out and about again. I hope the van makes it there and back with no problems! In April we have 2 more events 1 in Pierre and 1 in Brookings on my birthday. So that will be a busy month too!!
